Minimum System Specs for COD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WalkinTarget
    Case mod time !! Dremel, tin snips, nibblers ... whatever it takes to .. ermmm .. create ... a hole in the back of the case.

This is turning into quite a lesson in how to plan for an upgrade, and the #1 lesson is build it yourself. OK, back on topic ...

A dremel will make a terrible mess inside of the case, so that means EVERYTHING must come out before proceeding. The other options can be done with a minimum of metal filings created, but none are safe enough to say go ahead and start hacking. ANY hole created with ANY device stands a chance of creating metal filings, and we know what that does to PC parts when powered up, now don't we ??

I wish I knew what to suggest here, but I'm at a loss as to how to most effectively do this.
    Actually I think the metal on the back on the computer where the PSU is located can actually be taken off from the looks of it...
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
      Well I cannot buy a new computer, case, or purchase anything online because I do not have a credit card. Suggestions?
      Get a credit card

Use paypal
      [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
      You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by BenKenobi
        Well I cannot buy a new computer, case, or purchase anything online because I do not have a credit card. Suggestions?
        Get a credit card

Use paypal
        And you have one?
        Not very constructive...but I will take it into consideration

Comment

Actually I think the metal on the back on the computer where the PSU is located can actually be taken off from the looks of it...
          Sounds like you can just take the metal plate off. If it just covers the PSU (and doesn't hold it in) you can probably leave it off, too. Most cases just have a big hole where the PSU connection and fan (and switch) are accessible.

If you can remove the plate, but needs to replace it, just use anything handy to make a hole. If you have to put a hole in the case itself, I'd suggest removing -everything- before you begin.

Finally, if the above doesn't work:
          1) If you can't get a credit card, but have a bank account, see if you can get a check card. These can be used online just like a ccard.
          2) Go to Best Buy - I believe they sell cases. Newegg would be cheaper, but you can have a case you like on the internet shipped to that store for free (I believe)...

Comment

Btw Kyler, just in case you ever get tempted. Never ever mess around with the inside of a PSU. This includes removing the cover. You will more than likely recieve a very big jolt... that's even enough to kill yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau
              Btw Kyler, just in case you ever get tempted. Never ever mess around with the inside of a PSU. This includes removing the cover. You will more than likely recieve a very big jolt... that's even enough to kill yourself.
              I will keep that in mind...

I am really having a problem finding the new Nvidia 8800 512MB GT graphics cards IN STORES not on the internet. Could you guys help me find a store that actually has one in stock?

Comment

i haven't seen one any where. do you have a digital camera? if you do take a picture of the back of your case and post it.

Comment

If you have a bank account, you can use Paypal. You set up the bank account through Paypal, and it asks you for a few security numbers that you should find somewhere in your papers. Then you're called to confirm your identity. After that, Paypal automatically deposits a few cents in to your bank account to make sure everything works.

It's safe, secure, and it completely replaces a credit card.

Comment

If he is a minor he legally can not do it.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I just got installed the demo on my laptop and it runs pretty smooth. This is good news for me and gaming while I am on my trips.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                        I just got installed the demo on my laptop and it runs pretty smooth. This is good news for me and gaming while I am on my trips.
                        As long as you don't game while flying.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
                          Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
                          As long as you don't game while flying.
                          Apache
                          That would be awesomeee.
                          [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
                          You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

Re: Minimum System Specs for COD4

Originally posted by pigworthy
                            Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon? 9800Pro or better
                            errr, is a Radeon X1950 Crossfire Edition ok?
                            Im pretty unrehersed in the ways of the computer...

is this a stupid question since the demo worked for me?

Oh, and be careful using powertools on computers... one mistake and youve got confetti.
                            And if thats the case... recycle it... at my town's dump theyve got a special place that takes computers and gives you money in exchange for the precious metals on it.

Comment

Re: Minimum System Specs for COD4

Originally posted by xGoblin013x
                              Originally posted by pigworthy
                              Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon? 9800Pro or better
                              errr, is a Radeon X1950 Crossfire Edition ok?
                              Im pretty unrehersed in the ways of the computer...

is this a stupid question since the demo worked for me?
                              You definitely meet and exceed the minimum requirements.

Demos are usually a good indication of how well the retail version will run for you. If your computer sailed through the demo without a problem, you'll be fine with the retail version.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                                i haven't seen one any where. do you have a digital camera? if you do take a picture of the back of your case and post it.
                                Here is the back of my computer...

Now that I look at it, it looks like the whole power supply IS that metal...!?!?!?!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X