So,... is this a game I need to spring for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cain
    I know "Ranked" Servers have certain standard settings.

Anyone know what they are ??
    From what I've experienced playing on the current top servers, FF is usually off. Killcam is usually off (why?). The longest respawn time so far has been 5 seconds. They all seem to have at least 4-5 maps in rotation, I guess since rounds in CoD4 are shorter than games like 2142. The largest servers I've seen so far are 54 players.

That's not exactly official, but it's what I've seen on the 50+ man servers so far.

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
      I know "Ranked" Servers have certain standard settings.

Anyone know what they are ??
      From what I've experienced playing on the current top servers, FF is usually off. Killcam is usually off (why?). The longest respawn time so far has been 5 seconds. They all seem to have at least 4-5 maps in rotation, I guess since rounds in CoD4 are shorter than games like 2142. The largest servers I've seen so far are 54 players.

That's not exactly official, but it's what I've seen on the 50+ man servers so far.
      That would be in DM and TDM servers though, settings are vastly different to those on servers running tactical hardcore servers and the other various game modes.
      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Ah yeah. Although Team Death Match seems to be the most popular anyway.

Regarding maps, they all seem to be popular, and they're all fun IMO. There isn't a single map that I've seen so far that I don't like. If you sort the server listing by map, they're pretty evenly distributed. Overgrown, Wet Work, Strike, Vacant, Countdown, District, to name a few, are pretty good if you ask me.

Shipment with 50 people is a riot. The map is just a small square with a bunch of shipping crates thrown around. It literally looks like a 4 on 4 map at the largest. Really tiny. When you put 50 people in it, grenades are flying everywhere. You don't live very long. There aren't enough spawn points, so both teams spawn from the same points; hold the trigger as soon as you spawn and you'll get kills. The round lasts maybe 5 minutes at the longest. As soon as it ends, 5000 lol's flood the chat screen. It's worth trying a couple times. It's a quick few minutes of utter chaos before you go back to a map with a little less chaos... It's fine when you have a lot of other maps in the rotation, but if it was only 1 of 4, it would probably get annoying.

Good times...

Comment

OK,... bit the bullet,....

Got it,.... what the heck.

Geddy

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy

Geddy
            Well cool, I'm driving to LS in less than an hour to pop up a server..

Stay tuned Ged-man !!

Comment

Originally posted by Geddy

Geddy
              Well cool, I'm driving to LS in less than an hour to pop up a server..

Stay tuned Ged-man !!
              I can be available to do whatever you need, I will jump on TS in a few
              [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
              [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
              [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Went to Sams club to buy other stuff today, and wouldn't you know it ... they were out of COD4 .. and damn near every other PC game.
                Another gamer was aside of me and muttered to his wife 'Well, its off to Walmart for us, they don't have sh__ here' .. lol, my sentiments exactly.
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

If you buy it they will come!

Comment

If you like

CS

or

BF2

or Day of Defeat

You will love this game ........

Comment

If you like

CS

or

BF2

or Day of Defeat

It's all 3 rolled into 1

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Catalyst
                        If you like

CS

or

BF2

or Day of Defeat

It's all 3 rolled into 1

If u like shooting, weapon unlocks, big graphic explosions, team work and Cars that actually go BOOM without all those tank/plane whores....

You will like this game... I can say that already and I don't even own it.

YET....

Comment

the M16 shoots a lot like the real M16, as does the M4.
                          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Several CLR's played last night..

IT ROCKS !!!
                            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I agree. And I hated being blown up by Starfire's Death Grenade.
                              Especially those three times in a row.
                              I will be glad when I get that unlock too.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X