Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played a few rounds with Blackarrow tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we can all keep in touch with Xfire, some of us already have our buddies on it. Please use it

Phil

Im philgod3 on xfire just add me

Comment

Originally posted by Philgod111
      we can all keep in touch with Xfire, some of us already have our buddies on it. Please use it

Phil

Im philgod3 on xfire just add me
      Also anyone with orange box can use the steam friends messenger
      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

As far as # of players, I've played w/ both large and small groups, and it's equally fun (although the game dynamic does change with fewer people.

In general, the game is a bit harder w/ lots of people, but I wouldn't say it's just "run-and-gun." In fact, you basically can't just charge in. With so many people (and relatively small maps), you can pretty much guarantee someone is going to be around that corner, ready and waiting.

That being said, it's still reasonably easy to sneak about - it isn't all chaos. The other day I was crawling behind the enemy line in a ghillie suit and 4 enemies actually walked right over me. Sadly, I was only able to knife 3 of them before the 4th figured out what was going on...

Comment

Yep...big and little servers both have their pros and cons. Strategy is more important on small servers but strategy is more "complete" on larger servers. What I mean by complete is say if you are guarding your headquarters and there is 6 ways in.....if it's 5v5 you can't cover all entries but if it's 16v16 the coverage is complete allowing even for casualties.

Comment

I've only been able to play for about an hour online, and so far I've only played on big servers (50+ people). It's definitely very fast paced. It quite often turns into a grenade war, with everyone whipping grenades everywhere. Although it isn't quite as run-and-gun as something like UT3, since you die pretty easily. Tactics are still involved, and you can't just rush out into the middle of the field with any chance of living. As L_Mo said, there's always someone around the corner waiting. Plus, it's possible to shoot through thinner things (small walls, wooden crates/fences, etc.), so making a mad dash for the nearest small object won't help you much.

juneau: I'll try to get a recording for you. I'll just hope it doesn't bring me down to 8 frames a second. Hopefully I can get it by tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by RobotBanana
              I've only been able to play for about an hour online, and so far I've only played on big servers (50+ people). It's definitely very fast paced. It quite often turns into a grenade war, with everyone whipping grenades everywhere. Although it isn't quite as run-and-gun as something like UT3, since you die pretty easily. Tactics are still involved, and you can't just rush out into the middle of the field with any chance of living. As L_Mo said, there's always someone around the corner waiting. Plus, it's possible to shoot through thinner things (small walls, wooden crates/fences, etc.), so making a mad dash for the nearest small object won't help you much.

juneau: I'll try to get a recording for you. I'll just hope it doesn't bring me down to 8 frames a second. Hopefully I can get it by tomorrow night.
              Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                The fact is, however, people look for servers with a lot of players in there,
                +1 !!!

The first time I loaded the UT2K4 Browser....I sorted by clicking players to find the server with the most and guess what, Cains Lair was sitting top shelf.

I've been here ever since. I'm sure many people have similar stories.

Comment

Alright, got a couple of vids.

I'm kind of a newb when it comes to the whole video thing, so the audio/video isn't exactly great quality, but it does get the speed of the game across. I probably shouldn't be the one uploading videos if they'll be your first impression of the game, but I tried.

Disclaimer: I suck at this game right now. A lot. Look at the game, not my skill level. :P Notice how the death messages keep on scrolling by. That gives you a good idea of the speed of things.

These were recorded on a 50 man server (the largest I've seen so far is 54 people), and I'd say it's at a medium-high pace for the game. I had one or two rounds earlier on that were much faster, although they seem to be rare.

This video was taken during one of those rounds where we were stuck in a building...
                  http://robotbanana.regado.net/cod4/vid2.avi

I left this one at 1680x1050 compressed so you can view it full screen if you want. Obviously the graphics aren't anywhere near as crisp as they are in-game, but I don't think you want to download 1.24 gigabytes of raw video. It's a quick recording of some play on a brighter map:
                  http://robotbanana.regado.net/cod4/vid1.avi

Again, those videos aren't even close to a replacement for trying the actual game. The crappy quality of the video doesn't serve the game justice.

Comment

Originally posted by L_Mo
                    As far as # of players, I've played w/ both large and small groups, and it's equally fun (although the game dynamic does change with fewer people.

In general, the game is a bit harder w/ lots of people, but I wouldn't say it's just "run-and-gun." In fact, you basically can't just charge in. With so many people (and relatively small maps), you can pretty much guarantee someone is going to be around that corner, ready and waiting.

That being said, it's still reasonably easy to sneak about - it isn't all chaos. The other day I was crawling behind the enemy line in a ghillie suit and 4 enemies actually walked right over me. Sadly, I was only able to knife 3 of them before the 4th figured out what was going on...

I found that out real quick L_Mo. Yes the maps are small and if there are alot of people playing its fast pace and your doing alot of spraying and praying. There was this one time I was running while under fire almost dead when you start seeing the red nearly filling your computer screen from your players eyes. I ducked down behind a building to heal and healed up only to have a player jump down on top of me and knifed me while I watched him do it. Its so fast it makes the BF 2142 soldier knifing skills look like its in slow motion.

Comment

All the admins are really good at this game... they're just awesome

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X