No announcement yet.

Who has COD4 ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it. See my comment in the other post for while I like it..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
      Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
      I'm selling my Nintendo Wii on Ebay and got a 500 dollar bid with 2 days left. I'm undetermined to buy it, although a lot of friends have been talking about it. If Cain decides to add it, I'll be buying it.
      Why would someone bid $500 on a Wii, when they could buy it from the store for half that?
      because the nintendo company likes to piss people off and not make enough wii's for the holiday season or just anytime.

And my Wii is in perfect condition, giving 4 games (Wii Sports, Mario Party 8, Zelda, and Spiderman), had an extra controller and everything with it.

People have been getting 700+ for their wii's.

People are also so confident they make the starting bid $0.99

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler721
        Originally posted by thedeadlyassassin
        I'm selling my Nintendo Wii on Ebay and got a 500 dollar bid with 2 days left. I'm undetermined to buy it, although a lot of friends have been talking about it. If Cain decides to add it, I'll be buying it.
        Why would someone bid $500 on a Wii, when they could buy it from the store for half that?
        Because they're stupid. Wiis have been readily available in stores the last couple of months, and earlier if you used your brain (I got mine back in February without doing anything extraordinary or waiting in line). People wait until Black Friday and then assume they're going to be able to find everything they're looking for.
        [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
        [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Back on topic guys ....

Comment

COD4 is not like Ut3?? eh don;t you shoot ppl in Ut as well??

Anyways I have COD4 love it. I thought it would suck but I was way wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Gremlin_flg

Tell us more about COD4, so it is fun ??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain
                Originally posted by Gremlin_flg

Tell us more about COD4, so it is fun ??
                There is an atmosphere to the game which makes it more edge of the seat style game play, it is or at least should be played more tactically unless your just running a DM server
                [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

I think the main question is will you cont. to play after you get max rank?

I would be hard pressed to find 5 people who dont like cod4`s mp. I think the majority will agree its a great game (even if the sp is really short like 8 hours). But its not like 2142 and ranks wont take you 6 months to get. getting ranks, perks, unlocks are tons of fun and completeting challenges as well. But after you max out and get everything will you cont. to play?

Unlike ut the different gametypes usually center around what weapons you use and not really a change in skill level. So switching between game types is rather easy vs playing warfare to ctf. COD4 is fast paced and since shots mark your location on map and maps are small. Sniping is hard because you dont have a lot of time to sit and camp on most maps (there is a couple camping maps though).

I would like to know how the game performs vs ut3. Does it run better or worse and what video card was used in determining? Now if both game are here and both run about the same i might be able to justify a video card upgrade.

But i think everyone will say cod 4 mp is a lot of fun and voice chat is extremely funny when playing with friends. I just dont know if people will take a long term liking to it as where ut3 will have custom content and that might make it a better game.

Comment

I will be playing COD4 until something new comes out. I mean TF2 is fun as well I play that well. You can make your weapon selection and choose that if you do not like any other weapons. It is fast paced. Played COD4 with friends at the last lan party and it was fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition

I would be hard pressed to find 5 people who dont like cod4`s mp. I think the majority will agree its a great game (even if the sp is really short like 8 hours). But its not like 2142 and ranks wont take you 6 months to get. getting ranks, perks, unlocks are tons of fun and completeting challenges as well. But after you max out and get everything will you cont. to play?

Unlike ut the different gametypes usually center around what weapons you use and not really a change in skill level. So switching between game types is rather easy vs playing warfare to ctf. COD4 is fast paced and since shots mark your location on map and maps are small. Sniping is hard because you dont have a lot of time to sit and camp on most maps (there is a couple camping maps though).

I would like to know how the game performs vs ut3. Does it run better or worse and what video card was used in determining? Now if both game are here and both run about the same i might be able to justify a video card upgrade.

But i think everyone will say cod 4 mp is a lot of fun and voice chat is extremely funny when playing with friends. I just dont know if people will take a long term liking to it as where ut3 will have custom content and that might make it a better game.
                      If I remember correctly COD has a large modding community, and I think that some of the maps generated for COD games have been amazing
                      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
                      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
                      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Cain, you know I'm a UT junky. I bought UT3 and COD4 and Crysis at the same time......I play COD4 90% of the time. It's very fast-paced, graphics are cool, reward based online play, tons of folks playing, other than needing nvidia 6600(or 6800) series or higher vidcard it is not cpu intensive. Maps are limited to retail ones at the moment but I'm sure it will change. Punkbuster is the anticheat. Several of us old ons'ers have become addicted due to the fast pace. One of the reasons I didn't like the bf series is that you had to wait to spawn, wait to transport, wait wait wait. Here, I click to spawn, go til I die then click to respawn. Some gametypes there is a delay to respawn but most there are not. There are no vehicles on the online game...all troops but with the ability to call in air strikes or helicopter support. I'd recommend downloading the demo to try it even though it's only for offline just to get a feel for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Premonition
                          You know there are 650 levels, right?

Level to 65, and you have the option to enter Prestige Mode. You lose all of your ranks and unlocks, challenges completed, etc. A special rank icon indicates that you are in Prestige Mode. There are ten separate levels of Prestige Mode, so even the most rank-addicted will never get tired of it.

It's easy to get the unlocks (perks, guns) you want. It's the challenges that make it fun. I play with a weapon until I max out the challenge for it, then switch to another. It's fun, give me a goal to work for, nets me some experience along the way, and challenges me as a player to expand my skills. I recently unlocked the M14, which is only semi-automatic and kicks like a mule. The first two rounds I played with I was awful and they ended up being my worst two rounds ever. In taking the time to learn the weapon, I've become a better player. I went 21-5 in a round with it last night and it was pretty satisfying.
                          [url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Thrashdragon][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/violet/Thrashdragon.png[/img][/url]
                          [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/spikedz/TD_Latin.png[/img]

Comment

Downloading the Demo right now.

I'll get back to you with my thoughts/opinions. If I enjoy it but my system can't handle it, I might get it for 360. We'll have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Starfire
                              Cain, you know I'm a UT junky. I bought UT3 and COD4 and Crysis at the same time......I play COD4 90% of the time.
                              Wow!! That says alot to me, thank you for that feedback.

--- Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Thrashdragon
                                You know there are 650 levels, right?

Level to 65, and you have the option to enter Prestige Mode. You lose all of your ranks and unlocks, challenges completed, etc. A special rank icon indicates that you are in Prestige Mode. There are ten separate levels of Prestige Mode, so even the most rank-addicted will never get tired of it.
                                PC version doesn't have Prestige Mode - it's only for the 360 and PS3 (at this time).

And as for custom maps....well, those of us from the BF2/2142 days can enlighten people on how well custom content is received in a ranked environment Who knows, perhaps people will abandon the incredibly shallow COD4 ranking system to venture out into customapland, I'm not holding my breath though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X