Which u like better cod4/cod5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which u like better cod4/cod5?

I wanted to know what people thought about cod4 and cod5. What is better about each game and what is not. I have noticed that cod4 is more populated than cod5 was with regs and it makes for a fun experence. In cod5 i like the revive perk and the m1a1 better but thats about it other than a few fun big sniper maps. I love the variation in guns in cod4 like the m14 and g3. The maps in cod4 too me are better and i like being able to work ur way to the other side of the map where the enemy is and flank them. The 2 things in cod5 which were suppost to be the best things in the game were the flamethrower and tanks but the flamer failed because u have to be soo close to the enemy to kill them. Tanks were fun but with out teamwork it was hard to take them down. Overall i felt that cod4 is much more solid of a game and more fun to spend a few hours in than cod5 was. I love playing with all the regs now just like the old days. I still hope 413 comes back to play with us now that cod4 is back up.
    -Recon

I have to say I like COD 5 over COD 4 because of the maps.

Comment

I like some of the stretched out maps better in 5, Over all, both games have been fun. Didnt like the tank maggots that never would get out in some maps.

But the deciding factor for me would be the music in 4. Man, sometimes I just pull up the main menu and listen to the music. Kinda nostalgic to me.

Oh, and by the way, I'm back in Iraq, so I probably wont be playing for quite some time. Been lookin to get some Lan games if I could ever find anybody that has the game here. So you guys enjoy it while you have it.
      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I prefer COD4 over COD5 because of guns... I feel like guns are better balanced in cod4... It's sometime very frustrating in COD5 to have a gun that you know it's supposed to owned and finally gettting a pea shooter...

As recon said, Flamethrower is cool, but you need to be seen by the enemy to be able to kill it with it whether you burn him in the back... As for tanks, I love them, but many server disabled these and also, as said by recon again, it needs teamworks to deal with it and this is a difficult things to get as we seen in past...

So well, for right now i'm playing only COD4, i'm too bored of COD5, but I'll be back to it when I'll be less angry about that game.

Comment

It's 4 for me.

All along I thought it was a better game...many little details that aren't in 5, like you can shoot the car's hood as it flies into the air after car blows and see sparks come off it...or the cans roll when you shoot them...or the knife makes sparks when you hit a wall. Plus I like the modern weapons way better. I'm all about upgrades/technology!...not so much heavy, wooden guns/nostalgia. I wouldn't mind buying an M1A someday, though. Nah, after looking, I think I'd go M25 http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=17

The maps in 5 are pretty good. It's nice to be able to snipe sometimes. But, again, could never do it for long because the next minute the other team is spawning right next to you.

Comment

I was bored with COD4 when COD5 came out. I like COD5, but I think overall I like COD4 better.

I like the second chance perk in COD5. I wish there were more addons for the MGs. I also wish the sniper rifles all came with scopes. I suck with them even with the scope; without it I am horrible. Of course, I was never very good at sniping...

One thing about COD5 has improved my overall FPS playing, and that is using the semi-auto rifles. I got pretty good using the Gewehr and SVT40 (they are probably my favorite guns in COD5). As a result, I can see a marked improvement when I use the G3 and M16 in COD4.

It has been fun to go back to COD4 now after getting the break. I just wish the COD5 server wasn't always empty now.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

COD4 for me. Everything in COD4 feels a lot more complete and polished. The only redeeming factor WaW has is the larger maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                All along I thought it was a better game...many little details that aren't in 5, like you can shoot the car's hood as it flies into the air after car blows and see sparks come off it...or the cans roll when you shoot them...or the knife makes sparks when you hit a wall. Plus I like the modern weapons way better. I'm all about upgrades/technology!...not so much heavy, wooden guns/nostalgia. I wouldn't mind buying an M1A someday, though. Nah, after looking, I think I'd go M25 http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=17

The maps in 5 are pretty good. It's nice to be able to snipe sometimes. But, again, could never do it for long because the next minute the other team is spawning right next to you.

Couldnt have said it better myself.

This is what happens in a game when you duplicate the environment and then stretch it without considering the impact.

It is obviously a reskin of the original, where they just extended the environment 3x. It isnt working well for them at this point, and I am going to bet that all the value they invested in the game went to realizing stability rather than making it a good game.

The cans, the teddy bears, the windows, the hood of a car, the variable wall depths, and on and on and on are what make CoD4 a great game.

Those same things are barely visible in World at War. In fact, World at War doesnt even give me the feeling of World War II, it makes me feel like we are in some kind of alternate univers of bowed bullet trajectories and ambiguity.

I'm currently playing both games, but all the same, CoD4 is just much better overall - from the Single and Multi-player perspective.

I will not, however, retract the fact that World at War is an immensely fun game when the player count is 15 on 15 or more. BUT there is some kind of error in the game that mis-balances the teams and screws with the spawns whenever the count is less than 20. THIS is the main reason why World at War is TEH SUXXXXS. Not because it cant be fun, but because there are quirky little garbage related issues.

Comment

The spawn issue in WaW isn't a bug. According to the devs, it's an intentional "feature" that was supposed to make gameplay more fun and dynamic.

It fails miserably. In my opinion, it's one of the stupidest gameplay decisions a developer team has made in a very long time.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                    The spawn issue in WaW isn't a bug. According to the devs, it's an intentional "feature" that was supposed to make gameplay more fun and dynamic.

It fails miserably. In my opinion, it's one of the stupidest gameplay decisions a developer team has made in a very long time.

-Rand
                    +1 I hate the way spawns work in WaW.
                    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

how do they work?

Comment

Originally posted by 6Pounder View Post
                        how do they work?
                        It suppose to put you in the middle of the action. Thats why the developers called it "feature" but no matter how hard your teammates push the other team back, it will always seems like the respawn behind us and in the end, they do.

One thing I had notice for example, I useally play as sniper in Seelow, sometimes I'll be in one of those buildings in the outskirts of the map. In a 10 vs 10 (or less) And I'll see my teamates respawn near me to only run back to the battle area. I'm like,"WTH, they are giving out my hidden location."

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand

WELL - in dev talk, a bug is anything that takes away a feature, so that is what I am calling it. That feature is the actual gameplay.

Comment

The spawning is the worst thing about WAW, I run low settings anyways for mp games, so the fluff isn't what I'm looking at while playing, so that doesn't bother me.
                            The spawning is just horrible, I mean cmon it is really a pain when every minute you take ground then get mowed down by some guy who spawns literally right behind you and takes three down.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                              COD4 for me. Everything in COD4 feels a lot more complete and polished. The only redeeming factor WaW has is the larger maps.

My sentiments exactly!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X