Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gunship base raping on TiTan? Kuul or Asshat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though this type of behavior is not technically against the rules, it does totally ruin the fun of the game,...

And that is why we play games is it not? Again, during my time unable to play on Cainslair, the other servers I did play on kicked and/ or banned for ramming, and in a couple of cases, base raping.

Now the fact that is a CLR doing this is even more deplorable. CLR's especially in this case an individual who is a card carrying,.... loyal member of the "fellowship" of CLR'S, should know better than to act like this.

Perhaps Dead and Gone, post this individuals name both here and in the jerk section. When folks see who it is,... it might turn a few heads.

Geddy

Comment

I'm stick to my gun's over the vote after today on the sever with the {CLR} memebr who keeps base raping with the gunship. If this carrys on then i'm going to name him in the Jerk section.

Also the Next i'm on the sever i'm going to get the SS of him doing it,
      6 time we spwaned in the main base and he was just hovering there ready to kill us, now if this is not asshating and base raping i do not know what is

Comment

Have any of you guys PMed the individual? It would be interesting to hear his point of view. It seems to me that if someone is ruining the fun for everyone else then it IS asshattery.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
          Have any of you guys PMed the individual? It would be interesting to hear his point of view. It seems to me that if someone is ruining the fun for everyone else then it IS asshattery.
          I'm wait to the next time he come on then i'm going to have a chat with the young man in question, and point out a few thing about what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR}
            It seems to me that if someone is ruining the fun for everyone else then it IS asshattery.
            I completely agree, and I think the same applies to those that RDX hop, jihad jeep, transport ram, etc, as well as regular base rapers. I'm not talking about an on-the-spot RDX drop or a minute of base attacking. I'm talking about the people that play the whole round like that (ips230 is one name I'll never forget). All they do is ruin the game for others.

Comment

i consider it asshattery, but yes, the SAAW will take care of it, expecially if you get a couple guys with it

I can see the point of it being good tactics and honestly if you have a player THAT good that just rapes anyone and anything he comes across legitimatly? He would be ruining the game for the others, though eh i'm sure would get bored quickly and leave as the skill of his competition isnt there.
              There is a way to defeat the tactic, but i would frown upon it happening in the first place.

Comment

I would PM the person and simply ask for a discussion with him/her. Just be direct, friendly, and non confrontational.

PS this works with most problems in life.

~
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

If you don't know exactly which direction they are coming from, they pop up, launch their load, and you are looking at the timer again. It just happens too fast for anything creative.

Since they are in and out in 2 seconds, sight-lock-fire is problamatical. There they are, here are the missiles, there they go. (And you lose lock immediately due to the buildings/terrain) This is the attack pattern that the A-10's loved to do. No chance for the ground forces to react, and the target gets minced.
                  This is why I put down a PDS-1 on the Titan then use the Assault Pods to clear the base rather than use spawn point. The PDS-1 will give you some warning and provide the basic direction of the Gunship's attack run to find the best spot w/ the SAAW.

I put this in the same group as enemy Air Transports going for the base to put down Motion Mines, destroy CO Assets, steal vehicles, ect. Not a big deal to me but it will be to the team if you never get help keeping them away from the base.

Comment

I totally agree with the idea that base raping is ok to a degree, but I guess my issue here is that the individual in question is a prominent member of CLR and really should know better than to act this way.

That's all I am saying.

Geddy

Comment

I don't fly gunship. And I usually don't SAAW hunt them unless they annoy me. And I like it when routine game strategy is turned on its head once in awhile.

1. With one SAAW on guard on the titan's lip, transports can leave the titan anytime they want. The gunship would need to expose itself to chase. If you hit them once, then enemy gunship will leave for repairs. Two hits (a kill) are difficult on an ace pilot, but after 5 minutes of lock-on warnings, their joy wears thin and they leave the area.

2. As already mentioned, nobody needs to spawn at an owned point. When the assets below the titan are lost, that's 3-5 enemy doing nothing to win silos. I'd bypass them and move on to the nearest silo. A squad can do more, like gang repairs of titan thunder guns, but it sounded like you were running alone at that time.

Comment

When I fly gunship I spawn with the PDS motion mine bait and the SAAW. the PDS helps identify targets under and around me because I usually fly really high until I find a target. Then the MM bait is for ashats that put MM's on the titan shield (the WORST and noob-est form of asshattery IMO) and the SAAW in case I get shot down. I think that a good pilot can get 10+ straight kills no problem, so doing this is definitely asshattery. Another great thing to do is park the gunship on the back of the friendly titan and switch to gunner position and mow down the attackers as they go for the core (I only do this once all consoles are blown though, not to stat pad)

Comment

Interesting development today on TiTan.
                          Shuhia Tibia

Got a couple of good runs in on the gunship, then 2-3 cretins kept pushing me off the deck so that they could grab the gunship. Not a problem with me, just podded out to the base. And Died.

Guy (Non CLR) in AA gun shot out all of our guns on the TiTan. Then He'd take the Nekomata and kill anyone spawning or podding, then back to the AA gun. He had a couple of friends there too helping him rape the base and kill spawners. Rinse and repeat.

Entire EU squad camping at silo (Supply base), so podding out to there wasn't a viable option. So transport or pad someone's stats. Big choice. YAY

Guess I just don't get it. But it IS legal. Just stretches the rules and gaming fairness to the limit. Blowing assets I can surely understand. This was pure stat padding. Why do they do this? Because they can.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I put kuul because that's just another tactic in the game to strip you of your armor so you can not use it. I think who ever did it was smart. But i would probably still be prety mad at him. But it was still i think a very smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by suicidemonkey
                              I put kuul because that's just another tactic in the game to strip you of your armor so you can not use it. I think who ever did it was smart. But i would probably still be prety mad at him. But it was still i think a very smart move.
                              Post in the "Introduce yourself" section

Comment

Originally posted by killa_zn
                                Originally posted by thedeadlyasn
                                I couldn't hit a stationary gunship with a SAAW... how the hell do you use that thing?
                                besides being bugged,

a working eyeball and trigger finger is what is basically needed...
                                i would use it and i would have to reload and i would lose it

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X