No announcement yet.

Ramming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain tries to limit the amount of "Rules" on the servers to make them more playable. These weren't thought about in a couple of hours, but years of being a gamer and server owner.

This is one of the few servers that still has FF=Off for TiTan.
    As a result, you will have Bunny hoppers coming to our TiTan.
    As someone mentioned on another posting, Many 2142 servers have outlawed RDX bunny hoppers, RDX Jihadists, and Transport ramming.

I really don't know how they administer that. Is it an insta kick/ban from the server? Or do they look for more than one instance? After all, you may ram your attacker accidentaly and kill him/her/them. And I don't have a problem with a 2% health armor/air asset wanting to take out their nemesis. Is this an auto kick/ban from those servers that have implemented those rules?

So much grey area here, which is probably why Cain hasn't added that to the server rules. Bunny Hoppers and RDX FAV's we just have to live with. Transports with full health ramming people is another story.

But being an asshat can get you kicked or banned. I think that a dedicated Transport rammer fits that category.

They can and do play merry hell with the other side's armor and air assets. Some say that it is a legit tactic, as you are trying to deny the other side using their vehicles to take silo's or kill your players. After all, that is what the RDX FAV's claim is, to take out enemy vehicles and thus denying them their use.

As you can see, exploits that has been graced with legitimacy can be shoed in with Transport Jihadding in some people's minds.

I'm all for banning Transport ramming as a playstyle even with the comparisons to RDX FAV's. But again, this seems to be a grey area that Cain would have to rule on, and he is a very busy man.

And this is from a person that hates Jihaddists with a blood pressure eye popping passion.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth, i can say that more then a few people have said that the quit playing our servers as much because of all the ramming going on wether they were allmost dead or not,while those few days i couldnt log onto our servers i checked out other servers and 1 time i accidently rammed with a transport and was booted within 5 secs, i understand Cain's reasoning and such but how many people need to complain,whine, or even quit stopping by our servers before thinking about making a change.Just making observations not judgements

Comment

To answer your question Dead_And_Gone about how they administer people ramming air transports into everything they will usually watch the messages in the upper left hand corner where it says who you killed or who killed you. For example if you rammed me with a transport and killed, the message in the top left hand corner displays:

{CLR}Dead_And_Gone [Killed] McVengeance

Now in this situation you would get the kill off of me, but another message would also display:

McVengeance is no more.

The second message is what a lot of admins look for in terms of vehicle ramming should the person continue to ram as well as the person's score on the scoreboard which usually is a lot more deaths than kills. And thus, the rammer gets banned.

While I do agree with Dead And Gone that ramming is indeed a grey area from an admin point of view. I can honestly say that during the times that I am on the CLR Titan server, I am completely oblivious to rammers as I am chasing enemy tanks around the map. Around what time do you guys notice this happening?

The few occasions that I do notice people who ram are usually people who are multiple offenders and get the reputation as a rammer. It's those people that I think should get kicked. That is my view on the ramming issue, and does anyone know where Verdun will be back in the map rotation because I love that map.

Comment

I have had MANY messages that I was killed... Period...

The Transport Jihadist bailed before the strike.
          You will NOT see anything about it on the tilde postings except that i died.

They don't get posted... but they did the trick anyway...
          It is only the newbies that stay with the transport to doom...
          Professional rammers bail. SURE, they don't get the kill, but YOU get killed.

So yeah, stats page is great for seeing someone NEW ramming. The professional all time rammers don't get the deaths, but the satisfaction of killing the armor or air asset...

This is not to mention the TK's that can result from this, which is another thread entire...

Sore subject with me... Oh Yeah
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X