No announcement yet.

Who wants fall of berlin gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you look at most of the conquest maps they start one team off with only two flags and FoB is the only one that has only one flag. Conquest is always one sided when it comes to how many control points each team has. I guess that is why the call it conquest. I played conquest with EU on FoB and sometimes we owned em and sometimes we failed, all depends on who you have for players.

Comment

Originally posted by <=CGA=>Kineo
      Well if you look at most of the conquest maps they start one team off with only two flags and FoB is the only one that has only one flag. Conquest is always one sided when it comes to how many control points each team has. I guess that is why the call it conquest. I played conquest with EU on FoB and sometimes we owned em and sometimes we failed, all depends on who you have for players.
      No, the map I liked was Belgrade. Everyone spawns and runs into a major battle in the middle of the map. I loved that map, I want Suez or Belgrade to replace it, like many others.

Comment

I hated FoB at first, but now I like it. I've played both sides any number of times. Frankly, if the PAC have a couple of GOOD squads, then they can definitely own EU. If they don't....

But it wouldn't bug me much to see FoB dropped to make way for another map (or two? Please?). The rotation IS getting a bit stale.

Comment

Originally posted by RRRoamer
          The rotation IS getting a bit stale.
          A BIT??

Comment

Down With FOB

Comment

Originally posted by fishbiter
              Down With FOB

And some people say that if the PAC has a couple of good squads then the EU doesn't stand a chance....which is BS. What if the EU has good squads too? And any noob can drop some mines.

Comment

Carbon---> that's hitting below the belt

despite what people say I'm no good in pod surfing.Not to mention I can only fly 1 FoB building distance.

I Caputer those FLAGs fair and Square. To SAY i use the SL beaon is insult.
                I play all my kits in every round of FoB or C.G. to bipass the combat lines.which means using the apc ,clearing the mines for the apc, cloaking my way through crossroad, or killing anyone that crosses my path.

I ROCK that battlefield and gain my points in the ground not in the rooftops.
                SO,
                I don't need a' "special case" I just TEAM up with good players and WE change the map around.

the only way you can win FoB and C.G. is by team work.

like I said before ONLY one person fits on the pod, that pod surfer can not take the map by himself.

[IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by RRRoamer
                  The rotation IS getting a bit stale.
                  agreed

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_
                    like I said before ONLY one person fits on the pod, that pod surfer can not take the map by himself.

Ever played with WW HTwo? He surfs all the way to the back base and captures it... He kind of does take the map by himself.

Comment

I played a round of Suez on a different server and at one point there were 2 gunships at least 4 tanks and 3 walkers on one team.

Comment

i enjoy playing FoB. for me i find it more challenging being on the PAC team and more teamwork is involved to prevail. squad leading is always best. just take a look at my stat on FoB. its pretty decent 33/18 and i say keep it, but then again im out number here as in the battlefield when i ran by myself, it seen people dont like it as much here. how about we add another map to the rotation, since 3maps isnt enough. maybe go for Belgrade. good map
                        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

I said yes because I was thinking of others and I only voted because I DID play conquest when I DID play 2142, but I'm sure things didn't change. The map was fun, if you were the APC and your allies understood you were the source of defense for the EU. And there was ALWAYS base raping. So, I think it should be out, wasn't that fun of a map if the APC's knew how to use their vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by sopek_
                            Carbon---> that's hitting below the belt

despite what people say I'm no good in pod surfing.Not to mention I can only fly 1 FoB building distance.

I Caputer those FLAGs fair and Square. To SAY i use the SL beaon is insult.
                            I play all my kits in every round of FoB or C.G. to bipass the combat lines.which means using the apc ,clearing the mines for the apc, cloaking my way through crossroad, or killing anyone that crosses my path.

I ROCK that battlefield and gain my points in the ground not in the rooftops.
                            SO,
                            I don't need a' "special case" I just TEAM up with good players and WE change the map around.

the only way you can win FoB and C.G. is by team work.

I wasn't trying to call you out on pod usage sopek_, I was just trying to make a point. Yes, exceptional teamwork can and does make a difference on maps like FoB and Camp G. The argument for/against the usage of pod sliding/swimming/whatever is that it allows someone to go to where there is little defense and bypass the defenders completely, WITHOUT having to use teamwork. I was just using your previous quote in the other thread as an example, not trying to point fingers here

Often times, against a GOOD EU team on FoB, there simply is no other recourse (especially if the PAC team is not of equal caliber). It is true, one person by themselves isn't going to take all the points and win the game. But it takes only one person getting behind enemy lines to completely open up a map and change the flow of a game. But more often than not theres just nothing the EU can do about it on maps like FoB, Camp G and Cerbere Landing to stop the people from getting behind enemy lines using this technique.

It looks like the voting is split down the middle, not exactly surprising really. Problem is, no matter what people may think of this map, its inherent flaws and unbalanced nature will remain an issue. I guess we'll see how things play out...

Comment

SL takes a pod and surfs to the far flag, puts a beacon down, and THEN takes the flag.. 2 spawn points now at your back.

Who says 1 person can't totally alter the balance of a game?

Camp G couple days ago, I thought we were at the Flying Pod Circus.. lol
                              Doesn't have air assets, but don't need them as long as half the Other (PAC) team looked to be flying every which way. They even podded to the tower at our base. Then continued to pod surf/attack on FoB.

Needless to say, we got our rears handed to us. It wasn't a breakout so much as a Raw Beating to the EU side.

Yesterday was on EU side FoB briefly, and the totally inept use of the APC and Walker caused a melt-down for EU. Wasn't pod surfing that time, just plain old whoop butt, better squad/team play on PAC side. Couple days ago, the Driver in the APC refused to move until everyone but him and his buddy were leftt. Sat there until we were less than 280 points left. He lasted 45 seconds once everyone finally bailed. Without the APC keeping rushes confined, they made short work of us. Nasty..

It still comes down to team/squad play. Joined a PAC squad and 2 were in alley, 2 were trying the north slope, noone was talking.. And that was the BEST squad theat was there.. lol EU had to only be barely living to win easily. So Sad.. Don't understand lone wolf squaddies. contradiction in terms.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

I think it should be replaced with Suez CQ. Great map! If you want to keep it infantry, then put Tunis Harbor in. I love that map... had some excellent firefights on it.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X