RDx Rammer's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackarrow
    To me it always seems like a lack of talent when you have to resort to Jihading, but kicks are reserved for those that effect the play of EVERYONE, not just us armor lovers with a big red target painted on our sides that says "Bring on the Pilums, Sudniks, RDX, motion mines and jihad jeeps!!"
    You forgot jihad transports and gunships (and jihad gunships). And Jihad tanks. And railguns. And Walkers. And APCs full of engineers.

-Rand

P.S. I fully agree with the sentiments expressed by Blackarrow, from lack of talent to kick policy. But I've got to say that if someone resorts to strapping RDX on frigging tanks and ramming with those (as I have encountered before), they really do have no talent whatsoever. The worst part of it was, when I encountered it, they were using the Nekomata, and I had a Tiger.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

That is Soooo Saddddd..

I have to work at it to keep the Massacre Mombo going when I'm in the tank. Massacre does it by second nature. Shucking and Jiving worse than a pro boxer.. lol Many jihad's miss simply because he never stays still and is unpredictable. Even HE doesn't know where he's going.. hehehehe

Last several rounds, I've noticed a marked increase in both COW rammers and RDX Jihadders. And this is at start of the round.
      THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO SKILLS !!!!!

Since they are horrible with engy weapons, never unlocked recon to use RDX, and get owned if they go out in armor, what's left for them?
      Since they can't or won't work up their skills, they decide to use the exploits available. (Cow Ramming and RDX Jihad)

Just as a truck load of TNT driven by a jihadder can kill +200 marines, some of the best trained armed forces in the world, a Newbie player lacking skills can crash into a good tanker and take him/her out. This is especially easy when the tank in question has been EMP'd, stuck, stationary. And yes, it has happened to me more than once.

Yes, I feel sorry for NEWBIE players that resort to this tactic. They don't know any better, and as mentioned before, lack the skills to take them out using the kits. Experienced players DO know better, or else they have mental/medical problems and need to up their dosages.

But admin's are correct, It isn't something that they can control easily, nor would want to. I've seen a few servers have rules along those lines, but how they enforce them without kicking some people by mistake???
      After all, If you herding a COW, and accidently ram the gunship that was nipping at you, would you kick for that? Lots of Grey area. I've seen horrible COW drivers that couldn't land without crashing, Sober OR drunk. lol On the other hand, an RDX FAV is a deliberate action. NO grey area there. Certain choke points make it impossible to avoid them. Try avoiding ANYTHING in the TIGER. It can't get out of it's own way, much less avoid a rammer, be it COW or RDX Jihad.

But i degress. We don't have enough admin's as it is for them to police the servers for Cain's existing rules. Adding more to the mix would over-burden them. And they DO like to play also.

Let's just say we agree to disagree about COW ramming and Jihad FAV's. It isn't going to be a server rule that bans it. Majority of people don't like the rammers, but they are here to stay regardless. I'll watch the 15 second timer click off, and try to kill THEM next time before they kill ME again. (And remember to take my blood pressure medicine)
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

OR as a skilled player might do...

Comment

Kill me with the weapons of war as designed?
          After all, the gunship was MADE to OWN the battlefield. Godo job.

I remember that corner of the map. Between the Walker, APC's, Pilum pushers, and YOU, it was a dangerous time to be an armor whore.. lol
          Not even counting the Jihadists..
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone
            Kill me with the weapons of war as designed?
            After all, the gunship was MADE to OWN the battlefield. Godo job.

I remember that corner of the map. Between the Walker, APC's, Pilum pushers, and YOU, it was a dangerous time to be an armor whore.. lol
            Not even counting the Jihadists..
            I got you down to 1/2 before you shielded, and saw you lining up so I flew away, then came back and saw you huddled over by your supply crate and decided it was time to finish it.

Comment

i don't wear the CLR tag. when on your server i try to play by "fair rules of engagement" why is it i keep getting fragged by regulars, with and without the tag, that don't play that way. i'm about to give up on this server to tell the trueth.

there are many great and sportsmanlike players that wear the CLR tag. i have huge respect for many of you. but there are a small few...

Comment

Fragged? Guess I don't understand the statement.

We enjoy killing each other, that's true.
                The majority of the CLR's I play with don't resort to cheap tactics.
                They will blow you up with a tank round, shoot your with their weapon of choice, or Knife you.

The spirit of fair play and gamemanship is what makes the Lair and CLR's what they are. If someone is doing other types of asshat behavior, we certainly (Or Admins) are interested in learning about it. You will find that it is a very minor minority if true. (Or at least I hope so)
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

IMO they can not be kicked for this what is "legal" in game. Rdx Jihad and COW ramming is cheap tactics... but it is allowed. I was killd (like most of us i think) many times by Jihad Jeep or some rammer wich is using even tank or apc with RDX sticked to.
                  In all of this we have to be better then they can think... or just play safe way there is safe way of gaming

Comment

True, in that RDX Bunny Hopping and FAV /COW Jihad is allowed.
                    That doesn't mean that it isn't viewed as cheap tactics by the majority of players.

I basically left the server yesterday afternoon after getting blown to bits by 4 RDX Bunny Hoppers. Score 0 kills, 4 deaths..
                    Someone else can pad their stats I thought, so left for better things to do.
                    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

It means more to me to kill a CLR than a regular player

Comment

True, in that RDX Bunny Hopping and FAV /COW Jihad is allowed.
                        That doesn't mean that it isn't viewed as cheap tactics by the majority of players.

I basically left the server yesterday afternoon after getting blown to bits by 4 RDX Bunny Hoppers. Score 0 kills, 4 deaths..
                        Someone else can pad their stats I thought, so left for better things to do.
                        I left the server after kjhenf was jihad RDX'ing bunnyhopping. Just lame

Comment

That is Soooo Saddddd..

I have to work at it to keep the Massacre Mombo going when I'm in the tank. Massacre does it by second nature. Shucking and Jiving worse than a pro boxer.. lol Many jihad's miss simply because he never stays still and is unpredictable. Even HE doesn't know where he's going.. hehehehe

Last several rounds, I've noticed a marked increase in both COW rammers and RDX Jihadders. And this is at start of the round.
                          THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO SKILLS !!!!!

Since they are horrible with engy weapons, never unlocked recon to use RDX, and get owned if they go out in armor, what's left for them?
                          Since they can't or won't work up their skills, they decide to use the exploits available. (Cow Ramming and RDX Jihad)

Just as a truck load of TNT driven by a jihadder can kill +200 marines, some of the best trained armed forces in the world, a Newbie player lacking skills can crash into a good tanker and take him/her out. This is especially easy when the tank in question has been EMP'd, stuck, stationary. And yes, it has happened to me more than once.

Yes, I feel sorry for NEWBIE players that resort to this tactic. They don't know any better, and as mentioned before, lack the skills to take them out using the kits. Experienced players DO know better, or else they have mental/medical problems and need to up their dosages.

But admin's are correct, It isn't something that they can control easily, nor would want to. I've seen a few servers have rules along those lines, but how they enforce them without kicking some people by mistake???
                          After all, If you herding a COW, and accidently ram the gunship that was nipping at you, would you kick for that? Lots of Grey area. I've seen horrible COW drivers that couldn't land without crashing, Sober OR drunk. lol On the other hand, an RDX FAV is a deliberate action. NO grey area there. Certain choke points make it impossible to avoid them. Try avoiding ANYTHING in the TIGER. It can't get out of it's own way, much less avoid a rammer, be it COW or RDX Jihad.

But i degress. We don't have enough admin's as it is for them to police the servers for Cain's existing rules. Adding more to the mix would over-burden them. And they DO like to play also.

Let's just say we agree to disagree about COW ramming and Jihad FAV's. It isn't going to be a server rule that bans it. Majority of people don't like the rammers, but they are here to stay regardless. I'll watch the 15 second timer click off, and try to kill THEM next time before they kill ME again. (And remember to take my blood pressure medicine)
                          This is by far one of the best posts in regards to the lame tactics! Well said Dead, well said chap.
                          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by SScamaro68
                            1. I wasnt on today... 2. I havent done that in a while... I've stayed in the gunship every single round for over a week. I dont appreciate stuff like that. I've NEVER jihad'd and the only time I RDX is in the vents when the titans being heavily attacked and NOT hopping.

Comment

Originally posted by kjhenf
                              1. I wasnt on today... 2. I havent done that in a while... I've stayed in the gunship every single round for over a week. I dont appreciate stuff like that. I've NEVER jihad'd and the only time I RDX is in the vents when the titans being heavily attacked and NOT hopping.
                              whatever

Comment

Originally posted by kjhenf
                                whatever
                                I just really dont appreciate the public post of me RDX hopping and jihad-ing when I wasnt. Thats all. No problem though.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X