LMG's Nerfed? Ganz ROCKS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clark Shottie FTW!
    [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
    [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
      The Clark is best for up close and personal. Titan defense or attack are the best uses of it.
      Apache
      Yup. Or close quarters maps like Cerbere Landing, Camp G or Tunis Harbor.

After playing with the new LMG for a bit, I can see the reason why they did it. While I think the effect is a still a little exaggerated, the overall effect can still be mostly compensated for, and makes the upgraded Ganz a marginally worthwhile upgrade (vs totally outclassed). IMO, something akin to this should have been done from the beginning. Seems like a better overall balance, though again, I think a little less shake would be a good compromise.

I did notice the effect is more exaggerated with lag, so YMMV, especially on the Titans

Comment

From a thread about this on Totalbf2142 forums.

[DICE]CKMC
        Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys
        We are looking into the left to right shake. There was no direct effort to nerf the LMG's but to only level the playing field between them (without lowering that field overall).
        Looks like the Dice guys didn't plan to do this... may be reverted in a future patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Runaway_Jim

[DICE]CKMC
          Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys
          We are looking into the left to right shake. There was no direct effort to nerf the LMG's but to only level the playing field between them (without lowering that field overall).
          Looks like the Dice guys didn't plan to do this... may be reverted in a future patch?
          Lol....GG patch testing

How would they miss this? It's not exactly subtle.

Comment

Originally posted by Runaway_Jim

[DICE]CKMC
            Digital Illusions CE

Hi Guys
            ... So, how do you spell M-O-R-O-N again?
            Oh yeah! D-I-C-E. (Seriously, how do they not notice these things before releasing a patch?! Absolutely incredible)

Comment

I wish I could use the Clark. I lag too badly on Titan to even consider using the thing.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
                I wish I could use the Clark. I lag too badly on Titan to even consider using the thing.

-Rand
                You're too laggy to use the Clark on Titan?!
                Well, that's NOTHING! I'm so laggy on Titan that even my Sentry Gun can't hit jack!!!

Comment

I started using the Ganz a couple months ago and really noticed a difference in accuracy with this last patch. The LMG at any kind of distance is nasty. Using short bursts with the Gang I can get some nice hits on a single person at a good distance. Trying to unload on a squad at a distance, forget it. Maybe I just need some more practice with it, but it is seriously depressing when 3 or 4 people are across a street and you smile, unload, and frown because out of 60 rounds you got 2 hits and they are launching rockets at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm_Shadow
                    Originally posted by Rand{CLR}

-Rand
                    You're too laggy to use the Clark on Titan?!
                    Well, that's NOTHING! I'm so laggy on Titan that even my Sentry Gun can't hit jack!!!
                    if ur sentry cant hit jack? thats the only way i can get a kill!

Comment

Ganz was made to be used croached or prone. Definitely makes the cone shrink faster to me. Since I get rather laggy inside the TiTan, I figure why NOT try the GANZ out. Maybe someone will be my friend and run into that stream of heavy bullets just to make me happy. ROFL

Just think of the Ganz in support as the Baur is for Assault. Both are NOT immediately a pawnage makers, as both require practice before they can be utilized to their full extent. Hence the Baur isn't used NEARLY as much as the VOSS.

At least now the GANZ will actually BE an upgrade. With the accuracy buff on the previous patch, and the Nerf of the LMG's, the GANZ actually has an edge over the standard guns. WOOT !!! I got the GANZ to get the IDS-1 upgrade, but will give the GANZ a go next time I assault or defend the TiTan.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Hehe I use the BAUR as my main assault weapon since I can get some really nice distance shots with it, and I love the rocket vs. sniper hiding behind a wall advantage.

Comment

Used Baur couple days ago, and WOW I'm rusty with it...

Here is latest DICE man's comments about the Ganz.

The Ganz settles just as fast as the other LMGs. It also takes longer to over heat, cools down quicker, and is more accurate at its best accuracy than the other LMGs.

The real difference between the LMGs and the Ganz is playstyle. If you run and gun, you probably don't aim down the sights very often. When firing from the hip, the LMGs are at an advantage over the Ganz. The reverse is true when the guns are aimed down the sights.
                          ************************************************** **********
                          Simply because of the rate of fire from the LMG's is so much higher I'm thinking, making it a tad better on strafing.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X