No announcement yet.

FF is off on titan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Cain to turn FF on, on his CS and CSS Servers , on April 1st before.
    You should have heard people when they started playing. Maybe he could do the same for BF2142.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
      I got Cain to turn FF on, on his CS and CSS Servers , on April 1st before.
      You should have heard people when they started playing. Maybe he could do the same for BF2142.
      Apache
      That would be freaking hilarious.

Comment

While I think there are benefits for having FF on, Titan mode just becomes too annoying with it on. Between the Titan guns, grenades/APMs + tight quarters, and the ability to pod to just about anywhere (even directly into friendly fire), FF is just more pain than its worth.

I think if it were possible to make all weapons deployed by yourself to do damage to yourself (but none of your teammates), that would be the best option. Would certainly cut down on the RDX spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshin Himura
          Originally posted by Rand{CLR}
          I want it on. It would force people to be more careful both in placement and in movement, and it would eliminate those annoying bunny hopping RDX laying fools running up on a group, dropping explosives at their own feet, blowing it up, and walking off, whistling dixie.
          +1

I can't count how many times I've been killed by bunny-hopping RDX'ers who blow up the explosives right in their face, but don't die. I don't mind getting killed by RDX under normal circumstances, but when they can detonate them point blank and not suffer any damage, it gets annoying. The only time I enjoy having FF off is in the Titan reactor room, since detonating any explosives in there is just asking for teamkills.

I thought APMs and Motion mines wouldn't go off on your teammates, even if FF was on. The Conquest server has FF off (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) and they don't go off on friendlies.
          +1 I hate rdx spamming noobs. I know several clr's that do it as well You know who you are
          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Ive also noticed rdx spamming noobs are also the ones noob ramming. I guess when you suck that bad its the only way you can get kills. I have an idea try playing pong instead it might be more of you rdx spammers skill levels.
            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

How about trying out FF @ 50%?

I actually like some degree of FF even in cramped areas as it makes you cautious about tossing nades/RDX all over or lobbing tank shells at contested capture points.

Comment

Mini map will tell you where your teammates are, so lobbing in some mortar rounds or tank shell shouldn't cause a problem.

I don't mind going to FF on again. Just have to be extra careful with the armor, since some newb will inevitably run in front trying to jump into a non existent vacant seat. Squished Teammate and probable punished for TK. Happens often.

no more RDX bunnies? Hmmm... THAT sounds VERY appealing.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

+1 to FF ON!

Comment

I concur.

Comment

I don't care what happens to the titan. As long as it stays off in conquest. Nothing more frustrating than throwing a nade and watching some noob run after it and stand on it. Why do they do that?!!

Comment

Originally posted by KurlonT
                        How about trying out FF @ 50%?

I actually like some degree of FF even in cramped areas as it makes you cautious about tossing nades/RDX all over or lobbing tank shells at contested capture points.
                        I agree %50 would be nice. I also think a reflect damage setting would be quite nice. COD2 had this any damage you did to a friendly would happen to you. You learned real quick watch where you shoot.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X