No announcement yet.

What about suicide bombing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, crap. Double post. Delete one please?

Comment

An armies job is to kill the other side. Using your trained troops as suicide bombers is self defeating.
      As Patton said, "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country".
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

"Play as if it's your only life" is sorta how I do it on 2142. Usaually works out well.. The philosophy goes to hell when I try to get my explosives badge, though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior
          An armies job is to kill the other side. Using your trained troops as suicide bombers is self defeating.
          As Patton said, "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country".
          Apache
          QFT
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by The_Crazy_Ace
            "Play as if it's your only life" is sorta how I do it on 2142. Usaually works out well.. The philosophy goes to hell when I try to get my explosives badge, though. :P
            Ha, same here. I normally hate the people who run around detonating RDX at point blank range, but I did it to get my gold explosives badge. I tried everything else, and nothing was working.

Comment

sure would be fun to go kamikaze some of those campers in titan...espaecially when like 10 of them are defending the last console. vengeance will be mine...MUHAHAHAHAHA
              [url="http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19030358"]Dracontius - North America - Summoners - League of Legends Statistics - lolking.net[/url] - My LoL stats etc

[URL="http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82"]http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b6dbfab44e82[/URL] - Use link if you want to play League of Legends.

Comment

I am having trouble dicerning whats more surprising to me; that its tolerated to use gimp tactics by charging into a group of infantry and blowing an rdx charge? Or that just as many kills can be accieved by deliberate and patient placement in key areas and used slightly defensively, and have it be the experience it was meant to be.

RDX planted on the battlefield is the equivalent of a laser fence to ALL units on the battle field. The only thing comprable would be an APM or motion mines.

By using it thus, you can channel anything onto a different course that quite probably will spell alot more kills overal, for your team, and those that dont row down a different course have to pay the price...

Used like this its fun because you have to gamble on the scout still being alive, and just how big a trap you are dealing with, and just how bad a bottleneck you have to deal with.

If anything, EA should put a hardcoded minimum safe distance on RDX, on the order of say atleast 5 meters so that there is some ballance to its power, because on a ff=on server playing with pro's that dont use gimp self-det kamikazi tactics, the only time they are any closer to its use at close range, is behind a wall, wich actualy takes a little practice to execute without throwing the satchel in a bad spot that kills the user.

This I can respect on the battlefield.

Comment

Wasn't that uncommon in Vietnam to have people self immolate after running into an American bunker. BOOM.

Nope, I don't like that RDX bouncing ball, but don't see a recourse atm.
                  Strategically placed RDX is as good as APM's IMO. I'm in no stretch as good as some I've seen on YouTube, but the option IS there.

Every time I put some down at a flag to blow up the bad guys, I usually wind up dead before they try to infiltrate.

BUT, I can see where you can rack up some serious kills, like at Camp Gibraltor at the cracks in the wall, or at the choke points for Jeep kills. Especially later in the game, those places get LOTS of traffic.
                  ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X