Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome folks, if you are new here please go here and make a post introducing yourself..

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/viewforum.php?f=13

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS
      I'm so very late

{CLR}MrsLady-MGS-

My {CLR} is the prefix if it matters and yes I'm now playing 2142 too
      its ok lady.. we will forgive you.. as long as you keep healing me, you saved my butt a few times lastnight. but my pc magically rebooted itself twice on me

Comment

(DSP)-Bar wrote

its ok lady.. we will forgive you.. as long as you keep healing me, you saved my butt a few times lastnight. but my pc magically rebooted itself twice on me
        Once again I can't seem to really figure out how to kill someone so I just run around w/ my med or ammo packs. I was getting ready to ask why I didn't have nades or defibulator and then our first unlocks came available. I'm glad I didn't ask

If your comp keeps rebooting, check to see if your mother board or processor are getting to hot. I used to have the same problem.
        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Me llamo NitefyrCLR.

Comment

Annihil8torCLR
            Is there not a way to have the brackets: {CLR} ?
            Anyhow, I got on the conquest server last night and had a blast. There is definitely a HUGE learning curve. Funny thing is, I got on last night around 1130 and it was 200 before I even knew it. I did get two dogtags and a bunch of bling, I will post some ss when I get home.
            Anyhow, I will be on again tonight.

Comment

To be a true and proper {CLR} you gotta have the squiggly brackets.

This is easily done in 2142 and BF2.. Read Below....

For 2142 how to manually edit your Name and add/change your prefix...

1. Open up Windows Explorer, your Terminal, or whatever file browser you may be using.

2. Navigate over to your "My Documents" folder (Default: C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\).

3. Navigate into \Battlefield 2142\Profiles\.

4. Open up Global.con using any text editor (Notepad will do).

5. There should be a line that contains the GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix command. Usually, this will be the second line in the file.

6. Whatever is in between the two double quotes following this command will be your prefix. Edit it to your desire. (Example: GlobalSettings.setNamePrefix "{CLR}")

7. Save the file (File -> Save), and exit out of your text editor.

8. That's it, you're done! The next time you login to BF 2142, you should now have the correct prefix. Note that if the changes are made while BF 2142 is open, it will NOT work. You must have BF 2142 closed.

Comment

I am now up and running.... V1TO

Comment

If you want VITO you can almost definitely get

VITO_2142

That is what many of have done to get our preferred names... the 2142 is almost invisible to everyone.

Comment

(CLR)Sniperyan

Me i'm sniperyan. but for somereason ppl have trouble inviting me on to their friends list and if they do my name will appear as {FTC}SP113.

Comment

Re: (CLR)Sniperyan

Originally posted by sniperyan
                      Me i'm sniperyan. but for somereason ppl have trouble inviting me on to their friends list and if they do my name will appear as {FTC}SP113.
                      I'm confused what is your player name in 2142 ??

Comment

Thanks Cain, I did have it correct in BF2.
                        It is Annihil8tor and the clan tag is {CLR}. Is that how everyone is litsed?

Comment

Originally posted by Annihil8tor
                          Thanks Cain, I did have it correct in BF2.
                          It is Annihil8tor and the clan tag is {CLR}. Is that how everyone is litsed?
                          That's how i have mine.

Comment

Sabac_Red-01, with {CLR} tag

Comment

Well, guess I took the dark plunge and got 2142 for Christmas adn finally got it running yesterday, my ingame name will be the same as my BF2 account:

Tiger_Shilone

with {CLR} clan tag up front

Tiger_shilone

Comment

Thedeadlyasn is mine. you'll find me in the titan mode. Dunno if Ill ever play conquest.... since I like hallways... when no one is a jerk with APM mines

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X