No announcement yet.

2142 vs Bf2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone post screenies at 1280 with everything! maxed out please?
    Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grisu
      Can someone post screenies at 1280 with everything! maxed out please?
      I think that would violate the NDA.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

To me i think this game has the potential to be way better than bf2...

we have only seen a fraction of whats out there. But so far i love the choice of unlocks and the new unlock system. I like the 2142 vehicles better than bf2 vehicles. Titan mode is a extra bonus.

I think we are gonna be hearing alot about this game for the next year to come.

Comment

i win!!!

Comment

I cannot enter the game. Every time I try to spawn, I CTD. I like BF2. Then again, I like Taco Bell. So I pick the tacos.

I disagree with DaNIGHT, with the caveat that I haven't been able to play it yet and may never be able to. :P From what I see on the beta forums and my own experience, there is no way it will be ready in October. Given their delays of 1.4 and general lack of anything approaching customer service, they will either be forced to delay past the holiday season to fix the many, many, many problems that are cropping up, or they will jam it in late November, bugs and all, and tick off the customer base even more.

Right now I give it a 50% chance to slip PAST the release date of UT2k7, which will end all chance 2142 has to succeed. It has a 25% chance to be delayed so long that UT2k7 will be out within the next two-three months, a 20% chance it will come out in November and be buggy as hell, and a 5% chance it makes October and is fine.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Your estimate with ut2k7 i predict are off... remeber the console game being called possiable "game of the year" is a epic release on the unreal 3 engine. Thats also a future ristic fps and its gears of war. So i doubt epic will release ut right after GOW and compete with thier self for a sci-fi fps.

as far as bf2 goes... ive said it before ill say it again.. there is probably only like 1 devolper handling the 1.4 patch. I would guess the entire bf2 dev team has been moved to 2142 and has been there for a while. So oct date seems reasonable to me.

As far as 1.4 who knows whats going on but i would guess there is a good reason why they didnt release it.

Comment

DICE Sweden is the team that's working on new games, BF2142 and the next iteration(s) of the BF series. DICE Canada is responsible for patch support, apparently. That's what I've been reading, at least.

Eh? Eh.

I agree that BF2142 will most likely be released before UT2k7, "they" say it's slated for an early 2007 release. And knowing how fond EA is of release dates, I'm pretty sure they're trying to push for an Sep/Oct release. IMO of course.

Comment

The new bugfield episode is to be released 13th October, or am I wrong?
                  Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

Graphics: Right now, there is no comparison. BF2 is polished, and 2142 is not. The finished product will need a lot more work.

Sound: Different music is a nice change, but I've never experienced any component of a program more buggy than the 2142 sound in this beta.

Interface: BF2 ftw. 2142's interface comes off as rather clunky to me at this point. (mind you, it IS a beta)

Gaming Experience: Titan mode is a nice variation, though I have yet to see any real team work on the teams I've been on Team work will be essential for success. As for stock weapons (I haven't even started to think about unlocks, so they're sitting there waiting), I would say that I prefer the BF2 weps at this point. Balance is obviously different, though there are some interesting variations and things to try in the new game. The futuristic theme, while interesting, has yet to grab me like the more present-day BF2 environment.

But for now, I will withold judgement... even for the tacos.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X