Think I'm done with BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it?s your ram.

In my OLD rig I only had a stick of 256 and it took me 5 minutes. Later I added 512 stick and my time reduce to less than a min. keep in mind my CPU was a stock AMD 2100+, even with that cpu I had no lag in the game.

What processor do you have ?
    [IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/SOPEK_/sopek01-1.png[/IMG]

Comment

I used to have 2 gigs running vista last time I played, and it would lag a bit on all high settings. I got 4 gigs now and no lag, and I'm always the first one loaded in.

8800gtx
      e6600 @ 2.85 ghz
      780i
      4 gig ram

= no lag!
      [img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/120/latinsigsj0.jpg[/img] [img]http://sigs.2142-stats.com/BenKenobi_player_7511.png[/img] [img]http://www.ronpaul2008.com/img/public_banners/hope-banner1.gif[/img] [url=http://www.cainslair.com/paypal2Cain.htm/]
      You will donate to Cain's. Now.[/url]

Comment

today i lagged on dalian the entire map. im getting tired of this lag, i was playing in a 24/7 karkand before i log here, i had no complain there, but when i came here i was laggin like crazy.
        Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Nailik try ... if U have still instaled... BF2142.
          I`v tryed today and no issue in ... but on BF2 still I`m getting big lag.
          My connection time to Cain`s server is less than minute but still laaaaagg.
          I`v checked all things and I have no idea where is problem... but I will play BF2 even with lag... still it has lots of fun.
          And I`m running XP pro with 2 Gig memory on AMD 64 x2 dual 4800+

Comment

its no problem with hardware I know that, unless someone snuck in and switch parts on me

Reinstall? I'm not willing to go through an hour long process to find out I have to update stuff and manually fix PB then find out that nothinghas worked EA!

Comment

Now this is very strange. None of you guys should be lagging or taking so long to load.

Do you guys defrag? If you're running a dual core system have you tried setting the Core inifinity?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                Now this is very strange. None of you guys should be lagging or taking so long to load.
                I agree with you... I have a 2nd rig that I sometimes use if Im usin mah main rig for something that is an AMD 3700+ with 2 gigs of PC3200 and I dont have any issues with it so it has to be something that can be fixed by the user

Comment

Originally posted by Zantheus View Post
                  I agree with you... I have a 2nd rig that I sometimes use if Im usin mah main rig for something that is an AMD 3700+ with 2 gigs of PC3200 and I dont have any issues with it so it has to be something that can be fixed by the user
                  Exactly. I never used to take longer than a minute on my old AMD 3200+ w/ 2 gigs of PC3200.

Are you guys running tons of background tasks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                    I have 4 gigs, and it still takes me 5 minutes to load, so don't feel like the lone stranger.
                    +1

Comment

i think the loading speed varies from pc to pc, i mean i load just after juneau, and my machine is average now.
                      where as some people who have newer and older pc's load slower and/or faster than me.

Possibly things like drivers (i know mine are old, the newer ones are slower at least for my gpu),
                      speed of drives,
                      memory speed,
                      how fast your cpu/gpu can REALLY work with data etc,
                      how fragmented your files are (even how they are ordered on the drive)
                      how your av active scans (ie it scans files before allowing them to open)

Little things make big changes.

and pc's are like people, no part is the same.
                      2 identical pc's by model numbers, does not mean they react the same.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I think in 40 years, if there still is a server, I'll be playing BF2. I get a lot of lag as well, since I'm on wireless, but I still manage to kick some butt. You could turn down your settings if you're suffering from too much lag, most of it's probably your computer, not the server/internet.

Comment

The verifying client data part is greatly helped by hard drive speed. When SighKoPath and I put WD Raptors in RAID 0 as our main hard drive, we'd be in the server doing laps around the carrier waiting for people to show up.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X