X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
    And Twinky did not laugh at my flying skills. Or lack there of. :
    Apache
    Thats because I did turn on my hotkey to enable VOIP when I was laughing. haha.

Really though, you are leagues better than I am. I have tried and tried, and can pilot when no one is around, but in the heat of battle, I really cannot.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHamster View Post
      I've held my tongue on what I am about to say but I think it's time to say it.
      The chopper rapings are wearing me thin and I see the same thing with our visitors.
      I agree and I disagree.

I agree that raping the carriers is not good. Hence why it is against our server rules as carriers are uncaps and no one should be doing "fly byes" and bombing them at any point and time. So yes, things like that tick me off.

As for a regular chopper flying, say on Sharqi, well, thats part of the game you need to learn to live with. Its a tactical tool, and yes, some people are really really REALLY good in them and hard to bring down. But when we have Hawkeye in the chopper, we can have Rand in a tank on Kark and its just as damn annoying.

You learn where the choppers typically fly by. They need more open spaces, so stick between the buildings. Having a good commander and good team mates who are spotting the chopper (and jets) helps greatly. If you are not going to use the Anti Air guns, don't go near them. A good chopper pilot brings those down each and every time.

Playing a sniper lying on top of a building with your sites aimed at the TV station spawners is guaranteed chopper bait. And thats how it should be.
      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
        I agree and I disagree.

I agree that raping the carriers is not good. Hence why it is against our server rules as carriers are uncaps and no one should be doing "fly byes" and bombing them at any point and time. So yes, things like that tick me off.

As for a regular chopper flying, say on Sharqi, well, thats part of the game you need to learn to live with. Its a tactical tool, and yes, some people are really really REALLY good in them and hard to bring down. But when we have Hawkeye in the chopper, we can have Rand in a tank on Kark and its just as damn annoying.

You learn where the choppers typically fly by. They need more open spaces, so stick between the buildings. Having a good commander and good team mates who are spotting the chopper (and jets) helps greatly. If you are not going to use the Anti Air guns, don't go near them. A good chopper pilot brings those down each and every time.

Playing a sniper lying on top of a building with your sites aimed at the TV station spawners is guaranteed chopper bait. And thats how it should be.
        +1 twink i agree

Comment

In my opinion, we should do SF for weekends, and keep the vanilla BF2 during the week. The catch is, we need to add more maps, preferably some with no jets or helos. It would also be GREAT to see at least ONE infantry only map. The game does get pretty boring if you are using a kit that can't take out tanks and they are everywhere. This is all just my opinion, but I think it could be a good solution.

Comment

I saw PR mentioned. I hated that mod, found it quite boring and only ended up playing for a few days before tiring of it. I think this was back after I stopped playing 2142, and I still didn't find it engaging enough to continue playing even on a CLR server. So for a while there, I wasn't playing anything. Then we had Pirates, TF2, UT3, and COD4 all in a row.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I play mornings when I work nights, and usually from 3pm-5pm weekdays if I work days....

weekends are usually off limits, the only times I can spend with my wife...
              [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

i like the more maps idea... but you have to leave jets and helos, its a part of the game. but city maps are sure hell of a fun time also.

Comment

Looks like more maps were added

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X