No announcement yet.

Advice for the choppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About bombing with jets. You should see that long line that points towards the ground as you fly, use that as an aiming device.

One easy way to hit targets with ease it diving at your target right before you drop your bombs

One very simple way to learn and get a good feel on bombing is, go to an empty server and aim for small buildings or cars. Then right after you drop your bombs, change your view so you are looking backwards, and see how close you came to hitting the target. Then you can adjust by dropping the bombs sooner than before, or earlier than before.
    When I used to fly jets more often, I was able to hit targets with a single bomb, so after practice you should be able to do that also.

Comment

Originally posted by linemanstud View Post
      AH HA! What you said about the Cobra being superior in every aspect is NOT true. The MEC chopper has a better gun. Slightly slower, but far more powerful with huge splash for infantry.
      I was talking about air 2 air and air to ground(Armour) only, in which the cobras guns are better, it has a faster reload time for the TV (.3) seconds, and take longer for the gun to overheat, plus the minigun has a wider FOV(Field of View), which equals better survive ability as it can spot targets and threats better, furthermore the MEC chopper while only marginally slower is far less maneuverable and it missile packing is far looser, lastly the MEC chopper cannot reverse directions quickly, meaning the cobra can get behind it, from there its game over.

Comment

What I was taught was that as a pilot, your only objective is to a) support the gunner while they launch TV missiles, and b) don't die hehe

I rarely dive at a target as the pilot, because that gets you close to the ground (AA, jeeps, tanks, SRAW's, etc)

If I have to use rockets in the air against another chopper, I will usually fire one quickly to see where it lands, then fire the entire volley along the same path.

One good way to practice is to find a server that is really dead where you can practice lining up for targets, seeing where the rockets hit with certain pitch attitudes and speeds.
        [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye426 View Post

First off NOT TRUE, the Chinese, and MEC helos are worse in every aspect than their USMC counterparts,
          First off.. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. More cumbersome...not as agile.. does that ring a bell? www.dictionary.com But it does have a higher top speed. Hop in one and take a high altitude dive. The top speed will climb higher than the cobra.

Comment

off topic reply, i tried so hard to fly chopper and jet but always ended up dissapointed, because people so easily kill me. i prefer stay in the ground
            Milk Is Good For Health. o.O

Comment

My advice for bombing in jets would be to use a high angle of attack. That takes some of the guess work out of aiming because you're close to perpendicular. Also, no where the AA turrets and tow placements are. If you know that targeting square isn't a vehicle, use your guns. There's no need to drop a bomb on an AA gun.

A chopper contest would be fun. I call brinn as my copilot if he's still around here.

Comment

Originally posted by (DSP)-Bar View Post
                Flap really hard.
                This guy knows what he's talking about

Oh and this helps

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K-niqdIa37s&feature=related

Comment

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
                  First off.. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID. More cumbersome...not as agile.. does that ring a bell? www.dictionary.com But it does have a higher top speed. Hop in one and take a high altitude dive. The top speed will climb higher than the cobra.
                  Its the top speed thats incorrect, the only thing the MEC and PLA choppers are faster at is their ROC not their speed.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X