The Night From HELL [RANT]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngryHamster View Post
    When a copter is doing high speed spins- you tell me how he manages to do a lock?

Then tell me he is legit.

Thats pretty much what I saw.
    I saw the copter go out of control, and upside down, fire a rocket, and hit a tank perfect.

I'm calling fool sheet.
    When you use a TV missile, you're in the missile's point of view. If you switch from pilot to gunner and fire one off, the helo's going to go nuts on you, but your missile is going to be perfectly controllable--the motion of the helo has absolutely nothing to do with missile accuracy after you launch the thing.

The unguided rockets are a different story, but it sounds like he was using the TV missile.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
      Alright guy???? I wish I took screenshots of what he was typing. I'm sure they can be pulled from the server logs. We told him several times to stop carrier raping and he wouldnt let up.
      Or we could just ignore the whole qualifier to that statement I made...

Comment

These responses are based on what the policies were the first go-around, as worked out over time by Cain and other admins:

Originally posted by -IRC-MIKE View Post
        Someone please refresh my memory on the definition of base raping. Is that like getting out to the carrier and sniping off spawners?
        No. But if there's several of you, it's not exactly encouraged. Much preferable to take out assets, steal an aircraft, and get out of dodge.

Wake provides a better example of sniper/uncap relationship. You cannot take the small USA island, but it is a spawn point. Sniping that one is perfectly acceptable because they have another place to spawn, namely the carrier.

Or camping out an uncapturable enemy spawn or sitting there with a tank killing everything that moves?
        Yes. Absolutely, positively considered to be base raping. Same goes with an APC, a vehicle MG, a hovering helo blasting the spawn locations. Steal a tank or APC and take out a couple guys as you're getting away: fine. Sitting on a hillock and shooting into the spawn locations? Nope.

Also, is flying over the carrier in a jet and bombing it considered base raping?
        Not back in the day. But don't be surprised if you are asked to knock it off if it is determined it has gone too far. This usually (but not always) takes place with multiple jets doing this, and several APCs in the water to shoot boats. Not cool.

One more thing that I'm not sure if anyone has asked about yet: Arty on uncaps was permitted. HOWEVER--since we're trying to attract players and this could drive them away, I would say this falls into the uncap raping category. Don't do it.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

If you go to a carrier to snipe some spawners, are you going to boost your score? Probably.

Are you going to make cain's lair a more appetizing environment? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovey Wade View Post
            Or we could just ignore the whole qualifier to that statement I made...
            Seemed... Sorry my bad Rovey.
            [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

Much preferable to take out assets, steal an aircraft, and get out of dodge.

-Rand

Me and Minfootball were doing that. I would go support while he went special forces, we would land on the carrier, blow the assets, and take a chopper or the jets to get out. We didn't kill anyone though. That is just cheap unless they shoot first.

Comment

I will shoot them if they are in my way or somehow might shoot me.
                With many players, if I wait for them to shoot first, I end up dead. So I rather shoot first and ask questions later, once I'm alive and off the ship.
                [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by AngryHamster View Post
                  When a copter is doing high speed spins- you tell me how he manages to do a lock?

Then tell me he is legit.

Thats pretty much what I saw.
                  I saw the copter go out of control, and upside down, fire a rocket, and hit a tank perfect.

I'm calling fool sheet.

Thats just it. choppers don't get a lock like in 2142. in bf2, TV missles are guided by the mouse. you fire, and get 3 chances to readjust the missles course by moving the T and left clicking. the squad box in the middle is where the missile is currently headed. so high speed spins, falling out of the sky, loop de loops, don't matter. there isn't a lock. you fire, and track the missle accordingly.

Other things you said warrent watching of him, but not TV missiling someone to death. TV missles are one of the very few "hack" proof weapons in the game because of the limits placed on the weapons. no Aimbot or hack can alter the basic physics of it.

As such, not to sound like a prick, i'd love to hop into a chopper with you and show you the ropes. its a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it, its a vicious weapon

Comment

I too suspect there is a new hack out there for the TV missile. I saw a guy only last weekend going solo in the untack killing everything including the MIG and SU on Oman not once but every time they got in the air and from apparently nowhere. Worth watching for.
                    Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus View Post
                      i'll tell you what. it is COMPLETELY possible to do this with the chopper TV missiles. i used to be VERY deadly with it. i could pick off a chopper, USA jet, a swirving buggy, tanks hiding, or even individual people if needed. and from distances so far away its not visible. i even remember taking off from the pad on sharqi, firing, and being able to REPEATEDLY take the USA chopper off the top of the TV station before it even had a chance to take off. same goes for the AA turret or HMMV hiding on the shorehead. so this chopper alone isn't exactly enough here. i used to fly SOLO and swap seats and pull it off. its not hard once you do it enough. i rarely missed. its called practice. not saying something is not awry,, BUT, that it is entirely possible for someone to be that good. not tooting my horn, as its been a while, and alot of rust has accumulated. but remember, we all used to know every nook & cranny of every map. keep this in mind.

Base raping is a different matter. thats just wrong. and the name's _Sopek. he's a regular here, once very much so, and one heck of a deadly player. ask him kindly to stop, as with us all, sometimes we go to far, and he'll stop. always has in the past. the other 2 i can't vouch for.
                      Nevus I know better than most what can be done with the tv missile. I like you had mastered the seat swap gunning up until 1.41 when EA killed it (Choppers automatically lost engine throttle when pilot switched seats) and I'm telling you that the shots DoJo was making were at close range when both his pilot and my self were dodging and rolling constantly, I'm not saying it is impossible, but were talking like 10+ times in a row here..

Comment

When you use a TV missile, you're in the missile's point of view. If you switch from pilot to gunner and fire one off, the helo's going to go nuts on you, but your missile is going to be perfectly controllable--the motion of the helo has absolutely nothing to do with missile accuracy after you launch the thing.

The unguided rockets are a different story, but it sounds like he was using the TV missile.

-Rand
                        Only when you dont have another pilot with you DoJo has Sopeck flying for him.

Comment

-Rand
                          ...oh....

I did not know this! Thanks!

Comment

WOW, i never knew bf2 was so deep, i'm more of a stick with 2 other squad members (sniper, anti tank, and medic) and then you seriously can take out anyone, that was awesome and i've only played for what, an hour? Still, this game appeals to me but i barely get killed by people lol it's only vehicles

Comment

tonight on Karkand dojo just got 56 (I think?) kills without dying once and joined halfway/ 3/4 through the round... In a tank. Maybe hes just really really really good?

Comment

Or maybe something else is going on..

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X