No announcement yet.

Basic Training (Remedial Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool beans men I will team up with you guy's sometime next week as I am going down too buy more RAM for this computer.

Comment

I'm squeaky new to BF2. Cannon fodder, that's me. lolol

I Love squadding though, so look for me. I'll make them empty their guns
      so you can kill them..
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Some keys can be remapped by easier than others. For example, I use the B key for my squad screen. When the message pops up that that key is configured to another setting, go to that function and change that key to something that is not mapped. Then go back and change the the squad key to B. This works on most but, not all keys.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Another quick tip.

If you are on MEC on Sharqi, do this(I do):

Become squad lead, take the chopper, then jump out at the TV station.

If done right, you can have TV station in the first 5 minutes of the game, thus crippling the enemy resources(Radar, UAV, Tank, etc).

MCA

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
            I'm squeaky new to BF2. Cannon fodder, that's me. lolol

I Love squadding though, so look for me. I'll make them empty their guns
            so you can kill them..
            Bah, you'll learn fast. It's quite similar to BF2142, so you'll be slaying us all before you know it.

I love the squad system in BF series. With 6 people in a squad, it encourages more communication. VOIP was crazy useful in TF2, as well, but when you've got 16 people all talking on a team, it can get crazy when 2-4 people are trying to alert their team of something all at once.

Of course, my #1 mistake was:

-- "Hold on guys, don't move. Let me disarm this claymore real quick."
            -- "Umm...squad 2? What?"
            -- "Oh, sorry commander, wrong button."

I didn't play squad leader much at all (didn't think I did well at all with it) but for some reason, whenever I did, I'd accidentally be talking to the commander half the time instead of my squad. Yet I never confused the controls when I was a squad member. It must be a sign. (Don't let me be squad leader!!)

Comment

About the "Spotting is your friend" thing. I'm so used to spotting enemies for allies, I try to do it in other games still. And I haven't played BF2 in a long time. :P

Comment

here's a couple things I think help out

1. upon joining a squad, see what is lacking......a squad of snipers and 2 medics is gonna get pounded when an APC comes around the corner, so try to take a different kit to bring balance to the force.

2. survey the map often, and see the big picture......move to the un-attended flags and capture them....let the enemy come to you once they see the flag being taken.

3. Don't run til exhaustion...if you come under fire at that moment you are whats known as DEAD.

4. Dont kill Raven9409

Those are all the pointers i have

Comment

I get killed more as squad leader because I am constantly looking at the map. A squad should be fluid. Each member should be prepared to respawn as whatever is needed. Run into a tank? Have three members spawn as AT and poof, no more tank.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I play multiple classes but when the squad leader calls out for say Spec Ops, then is there a way for me to respawn (other than suicide) as that class?

I'm thinking like in TF2 if you are in your base, you can respawn as another class..
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
                      I play multiple classes but when the squad leader calls out for say Spec Ops, then is there a way for me to respawn (other than suicide) as that class?

I'm thinking like in TF2 if you are in your base, you can respawn as another class..
                      No. Unfortunately you're stuck with your choice until you die. COD4 is similar to TF2 at the very beginning of the round and on some spawns after that, but not all. Gets a bit frustrating if you meant to pick a class and accidently clicked on the one below it.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                        No. Unfortunately you're stuck with your choice until you die. COD4 is similar to TF2 at the very beginning of the round and on some spawns after that, but not all. Gets a bit frustrating if you meant to pick a class and accidently clicked on the one below it.

-Rand

One thing you can do is to look around for a kit that someone dropped. Maybe a spec ops guy had just died in you squad and you are currently a support guy. Go up to the kit drop an ammo bag and grab the kit and the ammo that you just dropped and you will be a fully spec ops guy.

Certain areas will have certain kits spec ops kits can often be found around assets.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                          One thing you can do is to look around for a kit that someone dropped. Maybe a spec ops guy had just died in you squad and you are currently a support guy. Go up to the kit drop an ammo bag and grab the kit and the ammo that you just dropped and you will be a fully spec ops guy.

Certain areas will have certain kits spec ops kits can often be found around assets.
                          Good point Duke, almost forgot about this since I've been only picking up "kits" in COD 4 when I'm near to running out of ammo or want to replace my pistol.

The Spec Ops kit is particularly useful. If there is C4 planted and you can get your squad/team mate's kit before the kit disappears, you will have the ability to trigger their C4. Could make a difference.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X