Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
    +1 Like Blackarrow told Hawkeye yesterday I need my own personal tech support. I still find it strange how one day it worked and after that kaput. Computer's are fickle little things. I was literally pulling my hair out with all the different attempts that had failed. Ive got a year to wait before I can take the guy out for some brews. How about I take ya for some kart racing soon hawkeye?
    \

Ill pass on the kart racing, but you'll have to come to one of my MX races this summer. I don't race competitivly anymore but we still go out to the track and let it rip.

Comment

Handy tool for everyone here... Excellent for cleaning up your pc and strategically fixing minor to moderate issues...

http://www.ccleaner.com

Ccleaner a.k.a CrapCleaner is the best free program I've found and I use it religiously when working on customer pc's. It has an uninstall function and registry cleanup too. Don't be surprised if it takes a while on the initial scan. My first time I cleaned up 2 gigs of garbage

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!

Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.

Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...

100% Spyware FREE
      This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses
      It also automatically notifies you upon opening if there are any updates available. You do not have to uninstall the old version to update.

Comment

Thanks IRC Mike. Hope to get to meet you on BF2.
        [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Tails_Kitsune View Post
          If you don't mind my asking (and if it's not too long a process) may I ask what you did? I had a very similar problem with Oblivion recently, and I finally caved and just used Kenshin's disc to install. Fixed the problem, but not the way I wanted to.

Awesome to hear that things are all working properly for you now, Massacre. Looking forward to seeing you on sometime real soon!
          The problem Mass had and that you may be having is a damaged disc, Your best best is to use a program like ultra ISO, or game drive to make a disc image and then burn the image back to a new disk or mount it on a virtual drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye426 View Post
            The problem Mass had and that you may be having is a damaged disc, Your best best is to use a program like ultra ISO, or game drive to make a disc image and then burn the image back to a new disk or mount it on a virtual drive.
            Does this work with movies as well? I mean conceptually I could see it being true, but I have 4 movies that the kids scratched that stop playing at a certain point, and if this does work, then you may have made my day.

Thanks!

~Hammy

Comment

same thing happened to me, but i restared, installed patch and it worked

Comment

Yes it should work with movies but youll want to use dvd decrypter

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X