Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rand would definitely contribute to get a tank again.
    I would be willing so I can play Karkand again.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cains BF2 = greatest ever!
      [img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/CoD2/limeyfunny.jpg[/img]
      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/english911/admin.jpg[/img]
      [size=4][color=blue][url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url][/color][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        I'll be as friendly as an attacking gunship can be....I would even donate too. God I miss my helo
        Need a gunner?
        [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hmm. Well, since I bought BF2 for PC back before I got COD4, but never really played it, I guess if this happens, I can install and play it finally! For real this time, not just load up, walk around on a map, then stop playing.

And with money starting to come in soon, perhaps a decent donation will be possible. I like the idea of lifer...

This could be fun. I'd probably suck at it... I should probably install and start practicing.

Comment

I'll help jump starting as always.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post

So lemme ask again (Jeffro please spare us this time dude!!)..... Who is willing to make a monthly donation to keep this server up and running???

-- Cain

i despise you

but i sooooo want in!

Comment

Well this is looking very good so far...hope the final details can be worked out because Im getting tired of my CD box waking me up in the middle of the night chanting "CLR, CLR,CLR!!"

Comment

What I will need from you folks is commitment to sit in there and help get players
                  Bar is dusting off his wall shooter and ready to go !!

BA and I were talking about BF2 and I realized how much fun Wake Island and Strike was !!
                  And I miss Strike so bad !!!!!!!! They should make that map for every game.

Comment

I never did play a single game of BF2, but I had tried the demo, and my #1 (and only) gripe is the lack of support for movement keys, ie: I can't bind movement keys to both KB and mouse.
                    No one has a workaround for it, other than to scrap my ageless oddball setup and try WASD, but I'd rather sit this one out than try something that just doesn't work for me. After using the same movement config for 6+ years, its not as easy as it sounds to change ..
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                      I never did play a single game of BF2, but I had tried the demo, and my #1 (and only) gripe is the lack of support for movement keys, ie: I can't bind movement keys to both KB and mouse.
                      No one has a workaround for it, other than to scrap my ageless oddball setup and try WASD, but I'd rather sit this one out than try something that just doesn't work for me. After using the same movement config for 6+ years, its not as easy as it sounds to change ..
                      That is one hell of a weird setup!

If somebody doesn't play BF2 anymore maybe they'll send you their copy?

Comment

Juneau ... I have a copy that I bought at BB a few months back for $9.99 to try out Pirates .. Cain forced me to do it or else !!!

Anyhoo, reread my comment ... I'm not USING WASD, but I said I hated the thought of trying it.

Here's my bindings for reference:

Fwd - Right mouse
                        Back - X
                        Turn Left - Z
                        Turn Right - C
                        Fire - Left mouse

You can't do that in BF2 ... I should take a long hard look at the Nostromo N52 at this point.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

WT, I use the arrow keys for my movement, but because BF2 has so many keys you need to use I moved over to the far right number keypad, and now I have all the keys I need within easy reach.....

You really should be able to set up BF2 any way you like, the initial set-up is a huge Pain but beyond that it is fine.

Comment

Up Arrow - Forward
                            Down Arrow - Backwards
                            Left Arrow - Strafe Left
                            Right Arrow Strafe Right
                            /? - Run
                            Shift - Jump
                            Ctrl - Duck
                            Left Click - Fire
                            Right Click - Secondary Fire / Ironsites
                            Roller up/down - Weapon select
                            Roller Click - Auto-weapon change
                            Mouse 4 - Prone
                            Mouse 5 - Reload
                            Num pad 1 - SQ Mic
                            Num pad 2 - CMD Mic
                            Num pad 4 - Enter // Exit (I used the E (Default) almost my entire time playing and didn't change that until BF2142 and then did the same with BF2)
                            Num pad 0 - Swap kit

Thats must of mine... I use aswd keys for flying as well as my arrow keys.

Comment

I used to be stuck using the (UnrealTourney) keys U,D,L,R, CTRL, SHIFT, but I got used to using BF2 setup when I got it. I thought I'd never get used to WASD, but it only took a few hours and a couple chopper crashes to get it goin and now I like it better. I am one hell of a BF2 chopper pilot. Me and a couple huey gunners have worked over on Wake Island. I got tired of people throwing C4 on my gunship so I quit using the attack choppers.

P.S. the Wal-Mart joystick for 19.00 will change the entire game for those who use keyboard ctrls for choppers.

Comment

Bar, my head hurts after reading all of those ... geez, its just too much to remember !! I like Cain's idea, but my other keys are all on the left side of the kboard-

Q - sprint
                                L Shift - alt fire
                                L Ctrl - crouch
                                L Alt - prone

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X