everybody needs to play and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
    Sorry, I don't know what server was what the last 2 weeks. I'll try and post data on a daily basis this week.

I do know that on Friday afternoon (1 to 4 CST) the server was the laggiest I've seen it in the last month.
    Thx for the feedback, that time period would be Chicago...

We moved there Friday afternoon.... around 3PM ET.

Well folks, from our rather limited testing, the best data centers are New Jersey and Dallas, while Chicago was supposed to be their number 2 data center, at least for my folks around here, Dallas is Number 1 or 2 depending on where you live.

Looks like I will either put two BF3 servers in Dallas or one in NJ and one in Dallas.

Comment

you never steered the ship wrong with me..

Comment

Yay for Dallas

Comment

Dallas has been the most consistant, even with people further away. Dallas was the best when I was in Thailand. Even over the east coast servers. Just seems there is less congestion there.

East coast probably has so much gubment interference with conference calls and such going on all the time. Had a lot more dropped packets on the east coast too. Going through Atlanta really slowed things down. Thats where everything from Texas seemed to be routed.

Some will have better on the East coast because they live in New England. Practically on top of the server. New England is a small area. So everything is closer. Dallas is a central location for east and west. And has always been less laggy.

Seems logical to put one there and one someplace else. Chicago was fairly rough. If thats the one we're on now. Highest ping by far.
          [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Actually the server you were playing in while overseas was my server here in Columbia, SC. It was routed thru Atlanta..

The interesting thing about Chicago is it plays well for folks that Dallas does not and vice versa... The Chicago server has kicked the living crap out of New Jersey !!

Comment

Maybe you should get a server in Indianapolis since that is the center of the US.
              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I didn't pay attention to my ping but the game was definitely worse for me last night. Not as bad as die Brian but still annoying at times. I'll now my pings tonight.

** I edited this. When I produce incoherent sentences, blame my phone
                Last edited by harpy; 26 Sep 2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

What about me? Lol I didnt understand that last part of the sentence.

Comment

I think he meant not as bad as it was for Brian ...

Comment

Ohhh!! Makes sense.. thought he wanted me to die...

Comment

I read that as not as ugly or as pitiful in BF as Brian.
                        Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          Actually the server you were playing in while overseas was my server here in Columbia, SC. It was routed thru Atlanta..

The interesting thing about Chicago is it plays well for folks that Dallas does not and vice versa... The Chicago server has kicked the living crap out of New Jersey !!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian is Huh?!{CLR} View Post
                            Ohhh!! Makes sense.. thought he wanted me to die...
                            Well, you still owe me some tags!

Comment

So, you (Cain) were asking me in game about how the server has been. My feedback from the past 1-2 days:

When it is playing good, it rocks. However, there have been 2-3 times where lag plagued the server for 3-5 minutes, HARD. Many (most?) in the server were impacted. It was 3 minutes of solid rubberbanding, to the extreme.

That being said, it certainly could have been network related, and not the hosting facility. I have only experienced it those two times. Otherwise, things have been solid.

Moose

Comment

Originally posted by Mooserator View Post
                                So, you (Cain) were asking me in game about how the server has been. My feedback from the past 1-2 days:

When it is playing good, it rocks. However, there have been 2-3 times where lag plagued the server for 3-5 minutes, HARD. Many (most?) in the server were impacted. It was 3 minutes of solid rubberbanding, to the extreme.

That being said, it certainly could have been network related, and not the hosting facility. I have only experienced it those two times. Otherwise, things have been solid.

Moose
                                Good feedback... What you are describing is hardware related, which is actually much easier for me to get fixed... What time of day did you see the problems?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X