Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got a new server !!

We moved...

Long story short I was unhappy with the performance of our old server and while I hate to start all over I wanted to pick a new host that would have BF3 so I could evaluate them between then and now...

The good news is the new server is simply amazing !
    I really should have done this a long time ago.

The pings are better, but more importantly this server seems to have what Valve calls a higher tickrate, stuff just works better and it is smoother.

Check out how smooth it is now climbing ladders
    How much more quickly your text chat gets posted
    How much better the hit registration is!

I assume the folks in the middle of the Country may not notice much difference but for the folks on both Coasts, I think you will be very pleased.

Rossy's ping was 100 points lower from Australia !!

I really like the routing this company has better and the in-game performance shows that.

Now, we need to work to get the server busy and showing up on player's browser lists, histories and hopefully their favorites. Don't be discouraged if the crowds are small for a while, and please be patient.

I'll leave the old server up for a while then take it off line for good.

============

Cains Lair 2 HC CQ Fast Respawns [bc2] Battlefield Bad Company 2

Wooooo!!!!!
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

dude when do you get home, I'm anxious to see what it is like for a Cali player ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
        dude when do you get home, I'm anxious to see what it is like for a Cali player ...
        No worries there. Im gonna be loggin some mad hours when I get home especially before school starts back up

Comment

GREAT!! when ??

Comment

i can try it out later after i get done stress testing the rig i just completed.
            in the old server..you should put "New Cains Lair HC CQ server: xxxxxxxxx" or something to let players know.

Comment

Thx...

I have a message in the old server, and will eventually change the name...

Comment

This could be epic. I sent the app for the gametracker clan... What a hoot.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Favorited.. (is that a word) the new server. Ping at about 68 so mine hasnt changed that much. But if the server itself is smoother, that counts for something. Towards the end here the other server was gettin pretty bad. Good move.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I hopefully get off early today, will check it out when im off.
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                      Favorited.. (is that a word) the new server. Ping at about 68 so mine hasnt changed that much. But if the server itself is smoother, that counts for something. Towards the end here the other server was gettin pretty bad. Good move.
                      For me it is waaaaaay better..

Climb a ladder that shows you immediately how much better it is..

Comment

Cant wait to check it out tonight!
                        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          GREAT!! when ??
                          August 13th so ill be in August 14th. I know you are constantly dying without me there to revive you so dont worry Ill be back very soon

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X