Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All players - Please respond here I need your pings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1- 50 // 15 hops
    2- 51 // 10 hops
    3- 21 // 7 hops
    4- 41 // 8 hops
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

From my Unix machine at work in Silicon Valley (San Jose) CA. Using traceroute in tcp mode with a packet size of 1500. First number is number of hops, then target and finally round trip ping

18 67.222.138.115. 50.539 ms
      9 68.232.175.74 54.530 ms
      13 208.167.251.14 75.526 ms
      13 68.232.178.202 84.310 ms

Really it's a mixed bag number one Texas is 18 hops away but is fast. I'd prolly prefer #2 as it is almost as fast and has less hops... routing tables do change thats why they're called dynamic routing protocols.

Comment

Comment

At home:
          1. 26 - 18 hops
          2. 32 - 16 hops
          3. 28 - 16 hops
          4. 8 - 13

Number 4 Please

Even though I ended up with a good ping, on 3 of the hops on the third one I was getting high packet loss.
          [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Comment

1.- 67ms 9 hops

2.- 85ms 10 hops

3.- 128ms 12 hops

4._ 121ms 12 hops

These are temporary with the setup I am limited too right now. It should go down when I finish my house and get hardwired in. So none of em are really bad. And they will get better.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm surprised Cobalt. I had assumed you would be much lower as two of those are in Dallas ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                  I'm surprised Cobalt. I had assumed you would be much lower as two of those are in Dallas ..
                  I will later, right now I'm stuck with Clearwire. It's all wireless from the cell towers and it's not all that good. But it beats a sharp stick in the eye.

I'll get Roadrunner in the future I hope. Should be pretty good. Guy down the road has it and his is about 36mb download to Dallas with a ping in the 30's so it should be good then. Just have to wait it out. But you do what you have to do to make it work. I'll just hang on for the ride no matter where it is.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

The news is I am looking at two different GSPs and the good news for you is both are in Dallas !!

Comment

Win Win for me.
                      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                          The news is I am looking at two different GSPs and the good news for you is both are in Dallas !!

This aint fair. Dead_and_Gone is right across the street from the server. In fact, I think he plays from a laptop sittin on the front porch of the server building with a lan cable running out of the window. j/k

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X