X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me use my rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I'm not gonna limit access to the Recon class, and limiting access to one weapon is a pain, and I'm not going to do that either.

We have been going GREAT this week, and I don't want to start making big changes to the game.
      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Besides, some of our best friends are snipers !!

Comment

Besides, some of our best friends are snipers !!

But think about how much better friends they can be if they're not sniping you!

Comment

Snipers can kiss my @$$ tbh.

Comment

I can stop them from shooting out of the base, I have not done that yet.

Comment

the way i see it, you all hate snipers, and getting shot by them. We all keep logging on and playing for hours anyway.

Comment

I can stop them from shooting out of the base, I have not done that yet.
                  It's not the shooting out of base snipers that annoy me. It's just the shear amount of them compared to Vietnam.

I played a round of heavy metal yesterday where there must have been at least 15 snipers between the two sides. No kidding! Mix that in with the tanks whores and you have one seriously annoying round for assualt/medic/engie ground and pounders like myself. It's rage quit worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    It's not the shooting out of base snipers that annoy me. It's just the shear amount of them compared to Vietnam.

I played a round of heavy metal yesterday where there must have been at least 15 snipers between the two sides. No kidding! Mix that in with the tanks whores and you have one seriously annoying round for assualt/medic/engie ground and pounders like myself. It's rage quit worthy.
                    I quit yesterday for exactly that reason. Spawning at any captured flag was pointless - you were sniped almost instantly, unless you could immediately get into a building or tank. Spawning at the uncap was only useful if a tank or chopper was present. Leaving the uncap by foot or other vehicle also led to instant death by sniper.

It is ridiculous, and I personally won't play in a server full of sniper whores like that. I went back to the TNT and EST U.K. server, and enjoyed several more rounds of balanced games, even with twice the ping. I did confirm their server IS running the sniper limit script AND is still ranked (for now, at least until EA takes action).

Comment

Well guys, let's see, I have now been running the server for a little over 3 days.

As always I study the servers, play in them and tweak the gameplay so it is intense, and fun. I have never ruled out some type of class and/or weapon limits, but I have not had time to fully research them and figure out the configs, which are often complex. I welcome a list of the specific weapons we think should be limited, and the number of them we think makes sense.

I'm a big fan of intense action, and last night was some of the most intense games I have ever played....

For me it is fun, and so far at least the snipers are not bugging me, but I never stand still and always run like Hell for cover anyway!!

Sorry Moose if you are not enjoying our server right now, and going back to your old haunts makes perfect sense.

Hopefully we see you for BF3.

Comment

Yay \o/ for no limit recon class. I hated limited class when I discovered those exist playing that Day of Defeat Source

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X