Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does a newbie to BC2:V need to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what does a newbie to BC2:V need to know?

...if he is about to load the game up for the first time?
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

HC games, ( what the lair runs) have no crosshairs. takes some getting used to, but overall, i think leads to better game play.

You will not have many unlocks right away, but dont worry, the stock guns are quite nice. the ak and m16 are awesome weapons.

its pretty much like a lot of other shooters. medics heal via syringe, eng. repair via power ratchet thing.

just go out have some fun. if the lair is up and running, check them out

Comment

Play medic and assault and hand out med kits and ammo like they are candy, the point will come fast that way.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

So like any other game? haha
        [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
        So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

well, it to me at least, is just like any of the other BF games, just best graphics to date. spamming med kits gets a few more points than ammo. both are great for getting unlocks fast.

Comment

m60 is a good medic gun. i hated it at first but if you fire it in short burst / single shot (there is no setting for that, just dont hold the trigger long) you can hit people from a long ways away.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

M60 rocks, fear my M60 skills!!

Comment

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Use cover, listen for enemy voices, adjust kits/specs according to your play style and/or map (no armor maps maybe use med or assault kit [with magnum ammo]; armor maps maybe engi [with hardened warheads] or assault, etc.)...experiment to find what works for you...and don't be discouraged: the game has a lot going on...I know it took me a while to feel like I was somewhat competent.

I could go on, but already I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes.

Comment

Avoid my sights

Comment

Every weapon is overpowered if you know how to use it. ALWAYS crouch before shooting. Throw those nades. Get in a tank if you're terrible. Get in a heli if you enjoy a nice view. Get in a three-wheeler so people can laugh at you. And make sure you never, never, never try to knife in HC unless you're behind someone.

Comment

Keep moving. Alot of people just run around the map knifing people. Squatting in ine place for any length of time with your back exposed is a big sign saying kick me..lol

Loves my M60 as well
                        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Oh, seeing D&G reminded me: don't spawn on me.

Comment

Tnt in the snipers kit is devastating. Two packs on a tank boom dead tank. one pack on a tank that has already taken an RPG anywhere...boom dead tank.

Also be careful when using it. If you place it on the side of a tank go around to the other side before triggering. I personally love placing it on a tank and then waitting till the tanker sees me and firing it off

Also tnt stuck to something will go up if someone else shoots it.

Last tnt tip. If you die before triggering it. After you respawn if you pull out the plunger and hit it you have a 50% chance of having it go off.

You can randomly shoot people out of a chopper with small arms. It's very rare but, it happens.

Ditto what most folks said about the weapons. They're all pretty good. Even the M1 Garand (if you have the veteran unlock).

Oh yeah ceramic armor unlock is very helpful

If your a door gunner in the chopper the guns are quite good. If your flying with Jeffro or another pilot who jukes like mad face forward and you may have more targets. This is also helpful when fighting another chopper in the chopper dance of death duel

The boat twin 50's do eat up a chopper pretty good. Tanks destroy choppers with one hit. It happens alot

Do not stop moving in the boat. Even moving your not going to last long

The extra armor unlock is helpful

Comment

It can be frustrating at first because you don't have any unlocks. Pick a class you like and play it for a while and you will get the first few unlocks pretty quickly.
                              [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X