137 again, and then not...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

137 again, and then not...

not a complaint this time, as i almost expect it.. but its odd. The other day, we were rocking out on 137, i had no load issues what so ever.
    today, evening, about 10 EST , cant get in, every time map loads, it dumps me to desktop. why one day i can load every time, and the next i can not load it all is beyond me.

network settings = same, computer = same..

I'm getting randomly dumped to desktop on map changes as of late. It started a few weeks ago after months of no issues. I've changed nothing, and i'm pretty sure the game hasn't had a new patch. However i'm pretty sure the server client has been updated and i think that is the issue. Something between the game and server could be causing the game to crash.

Comment

Infamous, is it Hill 137 again ??

Comment

yes sir. all other maps are fine as of today. Like i said though, the odd thing is hill 137 ran awesome for me last few days. then tonight all of a sudden problems again..
        the randomness of it all is what bugs me. id gladly turn something off, on, up or down if it was a known fixable issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
          yes sir. all other maps are fine as of today. Like i said though, the odd thing is hill 137 ran awesome for me last few days. then tonight all of a sudden problems again..
          the randomness of it all is what bugs me. id gladly turn something off, on, up or down if it was a known fixable issue.
          Count yourself lucky. My back to desktop on map change is any map it feels like. Saying that, i haven't had an issue for 2 days now. Looks like it might have fixed itself.

Comment

I only have an issue on first load... takes 2 coffee breaks to actually load, and most of the time it disconnects when play screen pops up. After that I'm fine.. It's kinda like, ok, we jacked with you, got our chuckle, but we are moving on to jack with someone else now.
            ??Click me to donate??

Comment

a game patch would make me feel better. the game has been out for quite some time. i am guessing that the lair isnt the only server it happens on.. oh well.
              EA makes games, not necessarily happy customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                I only have an issue on first load... takes 2 coffee breaks to actually load, and most of the time it disconnects when play screen pops up. After that I'm fine.. It's kinda like, ok, we jacked with you, got our chuckle, but we are moving on to jack with someone else now.
                Same here.
                Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

I kept getting kicked to desktop. Upgraded my video drivers and no problems.

Also I remember one time Apache had problems in one of our games and it turned out to be his audio drivers.

Comment

Yep it was strange, certain sounds would lock up the computer.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                      a game patch would make me feel better. the game has been out for quite some time. i am guessing that the lair isnt the only server it happens on.. oh well.
                      EA makes games, not necessarily happy customers.
                      With how much time they are putting into BF3, we probably will never see a patch for this and it will become a lost title like BF2

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X