How long will BC2 last on CL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long will BC2 last on CL?

The title says it all. I am wondering how long BC2 will last on Cain's Lair.

I've been out of the FPS genre for quite a while, as I last played with my CLR comrades in the days of BF2/BF2142, but I'd like to get back into it.

My issue is I don't want to put down cash for a game that will be replaced around here in just a few months time. So I'm just curious if there are any future plans I haven't seen around here.

Thanks!

Welcome back Nico.
    It is very hard to say how long it will last. At least until the next big game comes out. And that appears to be a while down the road.
    I hope you come play with us.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Nico! Good the hear from you. Come out and play with us.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Hard to tell how long it will be around. COD black ops comes out soonish so that is the next possibility. I know i will probably snag that first thing . Nobody knows except for the big man
        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

about 65 days left till black ops which will have dedicated servers so most likely then, plus the experience you gain in BFBC2 will make you shoot better in any arcade shooter imo....(play more tactically, better accuracy)

Comment

Badcompany is only around $29 these days (like 50 cents a day until blackops, which it sounds like many will not be buying), so it might be worth the practice and fun of playing with CLRs.

Comment

Lasts longer for some than others. I was never a big fan of the game, and really haven't played much lately. The Vent access was just too little, too late.

Besides, I have at least 20 games in my house I haven't played yet, and want to get through some of those before the wave of good games between now and this time next year. While FPS is still looking pretty thin, just about every other genre will have multiple awesome titles coming soon.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Not long.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                  Badcompany is only around $29 these days (like 50 cents a day until blackops, which it sounds like many will not be buying), so it might be worth the practice and fun of playing with CLRs.
                  Digital downloads at the EA Store site are 40% off for the next two days (ends on the 5th, and not sure when it started), so for $18 I'll go ahead and buy it tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
                    Digital downloads at the EA Store site are 40% off for the next two days (ends on the 5th, and not sure when it started), so for $18 I'll go ahead and buy it tonight.
                    Careful with the EA digital download. Read their faqs before you buy from them.

Comment

Blah their faq are worthless.

A while ago, there was a conflict in the way they wrote their policy or what not about redownloading a game after a year.

EA Store - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Components
                      [edit] EA Store
                      EA Store allows users to browse and purchase games from Electronic Arts' catalogs. Instead of receiving a box, disc, or even CD key, purchased software is immediately attached to the user's EA account and is to be downloaded with the corresponding EA Download Manager within 1 year.
                      Criticism
                      [edit] Download limitations
                      Users were given one year from the time of purchase to download a game, but there is no longer any reference to this on the EA Store.[5]
                      but I guess there is no longer a issue:

How do you re-download game that was a digital download (no cd) purchase on pc after factory reset?? - EA Forums General Discussion - EA Forums - Questions Comments: EA Forums

Comment

Aint Medal of Honor coming out in October? Or is that something I shouldnt have pre-ordered? I mean COD4 was good imho, however, this last one...ruined it. And with all the hacks and no choice of servers yada yada...Not confident in COD series..
                        So what are your thoughts, since I havent heard anyone say anything about it, Medal of Honor..?

Comment

Metal of Honor is a cheap knockoff of BC2 with mw2 mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                            Careful with the EA digital download. Read their faqs before you buy from them.
                            It mostly worked out fine. It took over an hour for the confirmation receipt to hit my inbox, which sucked because I was home on my lunch break when I made the purchase, as I was hoping to start my download before I had to go back.
                            So I downloaded it in the morning. It installed and updated just fine.

Now actually having success in the game is another matter altogether. I think I went 0-10 in my first round.

Comment

Don't worry about your score in the first few days...
                              Then you get some better gear, that won't be a problem anymore

We have all been there
                              Hope to see ya in there

-MTJ

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X