Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Maps ??

How is that new map ?? any good ??

The desert one? Sucks imo. Seems worse than isla sniper-wise. Its brutal for the attacking team.
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Fun because its different, but very brutal on attack team. Those gaps seperating the pairs of points are just death traps.

I'm cool with it though just because it breaks up the monotony...for now.
      Motivate

Comment

I think its great.

Comment

As everyone just said. My favorite desert map is Arica Harbor.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

you think it would be possible to give http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Arica_Harbor
            a try?.... it has many vehicles and MG's and seems like it is more balanced......and it seems that both the attacking and defending team get tanks....so that could be interesting as well as a humvee which i have yet to see in the game. also i enjoy the maps we have in their now except for when i run into no mans land reminds me of a normandy map but with lots and lots of sand

Comment

I like the new map alright...it's nice to have the new vehicles, equipment, and scenery. As others have said, it is a tough one to attack on because of the open areas; however, nothing is impossible and the challenge and change of scenery is nice, plus once you get into the objective area the game changes. I am glad to have any new map in there! The other day I played for like 3 hours on the same old two and I finally just had to sign off, couldn't do another round.

One other thing, and I'm sure you've checked it out more than I have. But I've looked a little at top servers and many seem to have "Africa Harbour" in the rotation. I may or may not have played it (usually just look at the pictures and pick a class), but it does seem to come up a bit...here's one site (I know it's only 159 opinions, but it slightly supports my hunch) which puts that map at about as popular as Valparisio for a rush map. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1531230.page I'm not sure if that's worth anything or if anyone else here has played the map and has anything to say about it, but it might be a possibility too. At any rate, I do like having the new map, and thank you for putting it in!!!

Comment

I like the newmap. Change of pace for me

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                  I like the new map alright...it's nice to have the new vehicles, equipment, and scenery. As others have said, it is a tough one to attack on because of the open areas; however, nothing is impossible and the challenge and change of scenery is nice, plus once you get into the objective area the game changes. I am glad to have any new map in there! The other day I played for like 3 hours on the same old two and I finally just had to sign off, couldn't do another round.

One other thing, and I'm sure you've checked it out more than I have. But I've looked a little at top servers and many seem to have "Africa Harbour" in the rotation. I may or may not have played it (usually just look at the pictures and pick a class), but it does seem to come up a bit...here's one site (I know it's only 159 opinions, but it slightly supports my hunch) which puts that map at about as popular as Valparisio for a rush map. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1531230.page I'm not sure if that's worth anything or if anyone else here has played the map and has anything to say about it, but it might be a possibility too. At any rate, I do like having the new map, and thank you for putting it in!!!
                  for anyone that doesnt want to goto the site

Laguna Presa 14% Votes [ 22 ]
                  Valparisio 33% Votes [ 52 ]
                  Nelson Pass (both maps) 3% Votes[ 4 ]
                  Atacama Desert 18% Votes [ 29 ]
                  Africa Harbour 32% Votes [ 51 ]
                  Out of 158 votes so far

4 maps in the rotation would please all players....even if the snipers like the no mans land one...its nice to have the server full at almost most times of the day...or at least when i get on

Comment

the maps name is arica harbor. if you guys arent playing it you should be IMO. one of the best rush maps balance wise.

the new map youre talking about is atacama desert. I play it but it's far from my fave. it's VERY prone to sniper fests. the new, new rush map(in server R19 I think) is white pass. I have been having a lot more fun with it than I have with atacama. so far white pass doesnt seem to be dominated by snipers. lot's of close combat fighting.

as always, YMMV. nothing kills a great map faster than unbalanced teams.

Comment

Atacama desert is in now? I may have to get in there. Tanks, woot.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand
                        I don't remember seeing tanks on this map.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

-Rand
                          +1 I haven't played since last week.
                          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                            I don't remember seeing tanks on this map.
                            Apache
                            That shows how unbalanced that map is- there is a 2v2 tank war in the last mCom station which is huge. Includes all vehicles and a heli for both teams. It's a slaughterfest when it gets to last station.

Comment

These are the best 5 maps for Rush, and I dont want anymore arguments about it.

Arica Harbor - It is what it is, Individual play wont work on this map you have to have help. Medics inside the base are a nightmare.

Laguna Presa - Good map but snipin can be a problem sometimes if you dont have good Bradley drivers.

Valparaiso - Good map unless you're team is not so good. Then it will turn into a turkey shoot fairly fast and be over.

Isla Inocentes - No matter how hard you try, you're team will be 30 - 40% snipers.If people would get it in their head that if you had 100% attack force, this would be over in a matter of minutes.

Atacama Desert - Yes Rand they have plenty of tanks so you dont have to jones about em.

Little side comment about Conquest. If you're team is crappy they'll bottle you up in your spawn and just pick you off. Like shootin fish in a barral. Laguna Alta is prolly the worst. Very limited area to escape. You're pretty much helpless unless you have a really good Bradley operator.But if the teams are balanced it's fun.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X