No announcement yet.

Join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hammered last night... had a k/d of 2/23 on one map but I still had a blast playing with my CLR squad.

Stupid n00b question: I got the AN-94 yesterday. Is there a way to take it off the three round burst? I like the weapon but want it to keep firing while I hold the mouse button down.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
      Stupid n00b question: I got the AN-94 yesterday. Is there a way to take it off the three round burst? I like the weapon but want it to keep firing while I hold the mouse button down.
      No. And actually, it is a 2 round burst on the AN-94 I believe. You just gotta remember to do quick clicks until the guy is dead. The gun is very accurate because of the two round burst, but it takes some getting used to. (It is the same for the M16, but with a 3 round burst). Some gamers say you should always shoot like that anyway because you waste less ammo and are more accurate, even on guns that are full auto. I'm usually more of a spray and pray kinda guy tho.
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        I didn't know you got my tags either. I only recall one successful tag grab last night, on the big island on Isla. A lot of action was chaotic though, and I died more than usual to simultaneous kills of whoever I was attacking.

I wish more squads on my team were attacking last night. It was really only my squad for the two hours I played from 2v2 all the way to full, and at one point me, Duke, Lady and Obi I think were something like 20-100 combined in a round from all the rushing against a better team on defense.

-Rand
        We were successful on defense and offense because of VOIP and team work.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
          ... I'm usually more of a spray and pray kinda guy tho.
          Same here, M60 has spoiled me .

Thanks, I had a difficult time with it last night; hopefully I'll get use to it soon, love the accuracy. I got a headshot on a sniper with it from a huge distance last night.
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
            Same here, M60 has spoiled me .

Thanks, I had a difficult time with it last night; hopefully I'll get use to it soon, love the accuracy. I got a headshot on a sniper with it from a huge distance last night.
            I dont know how u guys can use lmg's they are terrible, only one worth attempting is the m_ _ saw(dont know #'s), go shotty all day and get triple the amount of kills while playing offense instead of support

Comment

VOIP wasn't working for us last night.

The AN-94 with full auto? Shudder. That gun is overpowered as is. Once people get used to the semi-auto nature, they rip the place apart with it. I've played enough vanilla to prefer full auto--you basically get an ingrained nature to keep pouring on fire until the other guy literally drops because of how hard it is to bring someone down in vanilla.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

We did better then that rand i got behind them and took out 10 or 15 while the bomb went down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                  I dont know how u guys can use lmg's they are terrible, only one worth attempting is the m_ _ saw(dont know #'s), go shotty all day and get triple the amount of kills while playing offense instead of support
                  I'm too jumpy to use the pump shottys effectively. I always end up shooting right beside the guy, then he kills me before I can get the next shell in the chamber.
                  [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
                    I'm too jumpy to use the pump shottys effectively. I always end up shooting right beside the guy, then he kills me before I can get the next shell in the chamber.
                    Then use the saiga or the other one(the full auto shotty) although big hint shoot in bursts of 2, b/c one shot rarely instant kills and use the saiga because that and the spas have rediculous range for a shotty.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                      Wut you talkin bout Willis. Go look at my Lmg score.XM8 to be exact. You dont spray and pray with those weapons. I cant tell you how many headshot snipes I've made with that thing. One shot tap, let it settle, then tap again. It's faster than you think.

One other thing is you have to aim low to begin with when shootin in the open. I try and shoot it 3 shot burst if I'm not snipin somebody.Usually if all 3 hit em they're done. But I put 3 more just to be on the safe side. M60, Xm8 are very accurate.If you could put a 12x on it it would really be a dual threat weapon. PKM, 249 come next , then the 88. But the 88 is way to erratic, it will get you killed more than the rest. Unless you're close.But I've shot a lot of rounds through LMG's. They just take getting used to like anything else. One day I might start using the shotguns but it wont be until I get home.r

I dont think the AN is more powerful per say. But the 2 shot burst usually both hit. Which is usually fatal for the other guy. Same with the 3 shot burst from the M16. If the guy is sittin still and you aim low when you pull the trigger it walks right up his body to the head. Depending on the distance.(Cant remember if it was Rand or Duke told me that so I wanted to give them the credit) Too far and you might get 2 to hit him but usually just the first one.

One other item, I use a 4x optical scope on all my weapons, except shotguns. But I dont use those much anyway. It takes some getting used to, but it will reach out and touch you if you aint careful.

Lastly, I hardly ever hold the trigger down, unless there are two guys within a couple feet of each other. But I've learned to tap, even with the full auto weapons. It increases your accuracy greatly when you fire like that. Takes some gettin used to but after a bit thats how you shoot.
                      [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X