Patch FINALLY coming Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skud View Post
    Yeah, had to reset my binds. Also, I played one game...seemed to almost come to a halt at times...chunky game play, not smooth...hopefully was just the ping, but seemed more than that. We'll see tomorrow on the Lair.
    Looks like the rubber banding fix... wasn't. I played a few servers where my ping was ~20 and I've never had problems before, all kinds of warpy, choppy lag like nonsense going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhead View Post
      all kinds of warpy, choppy lag like nonsense going on.
      They'll fix that in 6 months.

Comment

Well, Steam does automatically update, so I hope the server is updated or will be soon.

Good news everyone: the M1 Garand finally works right. And it's very powerful. Bad news: the all weapons bronze (and therefore, all bronze) insignias are still busted. I now have all weapons at least at bronze but didn't get those two. That's 15,000 in bonus points just waiting for another fix.

More points for capping flags.

I didn't TK anyone, but I saw they also raised the point loss there to a full -100 points. Too many people get run over when I'm in a tank, or run into my mortars/nades for this to be good. Funny though.

EDIT: oh, forgot this big con: the chat box is now a true, VERY obtrusive box in the upper left corner. It sucks big time.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          EDIT: oh, forgot this big con: the chat box is now a true, VERY obtrusive box in the upper left corner. It sucks big time.

-Rand
          Yeah, I noticed that. Was messing around in the server with Warhead a few minutes ago...just trying things out. We were typing to each other and I was thinking, man, I hope nobody chats when a chopper's incoming, or there are snipers up on a hill or in the lighthouse I'm trying to shoot: that is a big blinder. Also doesn't seem to be any mini map, so finding baddies in ur base will be awful tough...but good for when ur the baddy.

Comment

I dont chat ingame. Has anyone tested it out yet? Same issue?

I tell you one thing though, ever since I got the game I never exited the game without it crashing and causing me to use CTRL ALT DEL to end the task. And after a 1GB patch that didn't fix it, I really was mad.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              I tell you one thing though, ever since I got the game I never exited the game without it crashing and causing me to use CTRL ALT DEL to end the task. And after a 1GB patch that didn't fix it, I really was mad.
              Probably an NVidia or Intel thing: mine's never done that.

Oh, they weakened the snipers. Warhead and I were testing them, he shot me in abdomen with Col and I lived. I switched to M95 (which I don't like) and shot him in the rocks at 50 yds and he lived (maybe he's just got tough ones). With magnum ammo you can do one shot kills, but not without, it seems. Not that it will lessen the sniping (they'll all just use magnum if they don't already), but I guess it's something.

Comment

any changes to the Carl Gustav?
                i.e. did they make it so the back-blast kills the user?

Comment

Frankly, other than having to fix my binds, and the new, UGLY, chat/message system, I didn't notice any differences. None of my friends were online at the time, so I don't know if that is fixed. And I wasn't playing with friends so I didn't try out the VOIP.

My impression, MEH!
                  A change of Pace.
                  "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

VOIP was not working for me. Or else everyone was ignoring me.
                    I find that Reload is always on in game. That is annoying.
                    I did not have to reset my binds.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I only had one bind, melee to a mouse button... didn't realize it wasn't working until a great opportunity to knife baconoclock came and went, had to kill him with my M60 instead.

I didn't even think to try voip. I guess I'm just use to it not working now.
                      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        VOIP was not working for me.
                        I didn't hear anything...but that's normal now. Just for halibut, might want to verify your VOIP key binding. I knew they wouldn't fix VOIP, but I doubt they meant to shut it off.

Comment

For arty, you have to hold the right mouse button down (not just click it) while selecting your target.

I do like the fact you can chat and see chat while your dead. I never could before.

On my screen the 12x scope doesn't have a horz. line all the way through anymore, so no crosshair point. Something to help make snipers less effective maybe?

The M60 seems less effective and accurate also.
                          I'm here to kill friends. Do you want to be my friend?

Comment

I noticed the decrease in sniper damage as well when I was trying to finish off the Bronze on the M24. Sux for me cause I am a crappy sniper and almost never get headshots, but probably good overall... Is there a list of all of the gun changes?

The chat change didn't really bother me. I am glad that you can read it and type when dead now.

VOIP definitely still broke...

I had to change a few of my binds, and initially got a few backwards, so I was knifing when trying to talk in VOIP!
                            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

The other thing that's annoying about the chat box is it's now harder to see death messages and know what's going on.

-Rand
                              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                                The other thing that's annoying about the chat box is it's now harder to see death messages and know what's going on.

-Rand
                                Yeah - moving the Kill Messages to the other corner sure makes it harder, but otherwise they were covered by the map that comes up when you're dead. After awhile you'll probably get used to it being there instead.
                                A change of Pace.
                                "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X