No announcement yet.

Patch FINALLY coming Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, at least the MG3 is getting a damage upgrade. thge only way to kill anything with the gun is to completely catch someone off guard, who is afk, in the middle of logging out, crashed, or stuck.... i'll be sad to see the AN-94 coming back to its glory though.

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
      Wow.. No mention of VOIP anywhere in the changelog.

Apparently they've given up on it!
      Maybe not.... these might fix it..

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
      Server - reduced latency in packet handling

What I want to know is what the heck is this?

Client - Improved Play Now functionality

edit oh I get it immediately jump in a server

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        Client - Improved Play Now functionality

edit oh I get it immediately jump in a server
        Apparently before this patch the "Play Now" option would suggest passworded or empty servers. How could you honestly make that mistake? DICE/EA really need to test their games more before releasing them.
        "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
        - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Yes. It's like this game wasn't QA'ed at all. I'd be interested in seeing their development & lifecycle process(es).
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
            Yes. It's like this game wasn't QA'ed at all. I'd be interested in seeing their development & lifecycle process(es).
            Probably run by students like me
            Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

I updated...didn't take too long with my connection. Hardly anyone else has it updated yet (server with most folks at the moment with new version has only 8 ppl in it, and there are only about 6 with anybody [hardcore filter on]). Cain's server needs to be updated yet, apparently, as I can't get on it. Will check back tomorrow.

Comment

Here's an interesting read from one of the big names at DICE working on BFBC2:

Clickly

It actually explains a lot about the difficulties of implementing each subsequent patch, in an easy to understand manner. It was just posted yesterday as a response to all the hubub about the many delays.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Custom binds may be reset, check em before you start playing.

The ability to toggle crouch and aim down sight are on the main settings screen, near bottom.

You may want to defrag after this huge patch

Comment

Originally posted by Warhead View Post
                    Custom binds may be reset, check em before you start playing.

The ability to toggle crouch and aim down sight are on the main settings screen, near bottom.

You may want to defrag after this huge patch
                    Yeah, had to reset my binds. Also, I played one game...seemed to almost come to a halt at times...chunky game play, not smooth...hopefully was just the ping, but seemed more than that. We'll see tomorrow on the Lair.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                      I updated...didn't take too long with my connection. Hardly anyone else has it updated yet (server with most folks at the moment with new version has only 8 ppl in it, and there are only about 6 with anybody [hardcore filter on]). Cain's server needs to be updated yet, apparently, as I can't get on it. Will check back tomorrow.
                      I always wait to install any updates until after Cain's Servers have been updated.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                        I always wait to install any updates until after Cain's Servers have been updated.
                        Apache
                        +1. Though this is the biggest possible failing for having the game on Steam. It may go and upgrade for us.

-Rand
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          Apache
                          didn't know it wasn't updated until I updated...can't play the game without updating.

Comment

Cool thing is, game looks alot worse now... I don't think I'll be playing it much.

Comment

Aw Phantom you got to moan about everything. I played the new one and like the que system much better. I'm still on the Aug but will use the MG3 to see how it does. Somebody already stated that it was much better. I dont know what they were doing to the AN 94 but I'll try it again next.

I'm through with all the Platinum weapons on assault. Need to work on medic and eng. for a while. I played on a server in Australia at about 300 ping and it was pretty good game play. At least for me. And the toggle crouch thing is just like Cod, so thats a plus. I dont think they regressed in anything.Seems ok to me. I'll be able to tell more when I play at the Lair cause I know exactly how things have been for me there.

When is the server gonna get updated.
                              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                                Aw Phantom you got to moan about everything. I played the new one and like the que system much better. I'm still on the Aug but will use the MG3 to see how it does. Somebody already stated that it was much better. I dont know what they were doing to the AN 94 but I'll try it again next.

I'm through with all the Platinum weapons on assault. Need to work on medic and eng. for a while. I played on a server in Australia at about 300 ping and it was pretty good game play. At least for me. And the toggle crouch thing is just like Cod, so thats a plus. I dont think they regressed in anything.Seems ok to me. I'll be able to tell more when I play at the Lair cause I know exactly how things have been for me there.

When is the server gonna get updated.
                                It was going a little bit ago...I was on but nobody else was.

Oh, also, seems like the choppers are a little more agile...though one would still be risking their life riding with me as a pilot.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X