Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
    medics reviving me WHERE I DIED A SECOND AGO FROM A SNIPER who's scope is probably still at my head.
    !!!!!
    Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post

If you have a Great Tanker (Rand), go Engie, and heal the armor for gobs of points. A not so good tanker, you can't keep them alive long enough to be worth it.
      And if Rand is on the other team for the love of all that is holy stop leaving the #^%# keys in the in the Abrams. God on one map Rand kept stealing our tank...over and over and using it against us. Oh well at least I finally scored a hit on him with the UAV.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        And if Rand is on the other team for the love of all that is holy stop leaving the #^%# keys in the in the Abrams. God on one map Rand kept stealing our tank...over and over and using it against us. Oh well at least I finally scored a hit on him with the UAV.
        Tanks are like crack to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          Tanks are like crack to him.
          So True.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I have so much fun when I am with Rand in a tank !!
            K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
            sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
              I have so much fun when I am with Rand in a tank !!
              Oooooo...sounds naughtay!

Comment

lololol
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                  UaV + warhead or v reload = dead tank everytime.

Comment

Not quite that easy. Both me and my squad go hunting for UAVs when I know one is up as I let the whole team know it's there, and I move the tank when I get the missile locks. They can bring me down, but it's not as sure-fire as the godawful luck I have against mortar strikes, where usually the first shell will take me out. Dang things are cursed.

I have as much fun sneaking around trying to tank-jack a ride as I do riding through the other side to my team with the things. I especially like knifing any UAV pilots I happen to see along the way.

-Rand

P.S. This is also why I like the UT2k4/UT3 way of doing things with vehicles. They stay locked when they spawn against the other team. Though they are a LOT more fun to jack, because you have to catch them when someone bails.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I don't have any class preference really. I just switch to what is needed.

However if you start shooting at me with the carl gustav i just may never forgive you. I hate hate hate that weapon and can't wait for the day Dice nuke it.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        I don't have any class preference really. I just switch to what is needed.

However if you start shooting at me with the carl gustav I just may never forgive you. I hate hate hate that weapon and can't wait for the day Dice nuke it.
                        I like the CG versus Armor (or Armour for you Juneau ). Though I flat out refuse to use it versus infantry. The CG is the new noobtube (which is sort of funny because the grenade launcher actually takes a bit of skill to hit at distance).
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

The difference is the nade launcher has a very, very weak splash, and takes a bit of distance to activate--I miss people with direct hits within 20 feet and because I land 1 foot to the side at 100 feet. People are turning to the Gustav because it has a fair splash radius and it completely compensates for the utterly poor hit boxes for the real infantry weapons.

The longer I play, the more gameplay annoyances I see in this game that make dolphin diving look like walking real slow. Gustav anti-infantry, way too many snipers at the expense of teamwork and team objectives, the old constant of bunny hoppers (especially lovely when added to Gustav gunning), watching in frustration as people run through a full clip to knife me in the face, etc.

At its worst, this is the single most irritating online shooter I've played yet. All these little annoyances build up, the big ones like no VOIP linger, and it just becomes a trial to make it through some rounds.

I'm personally not sure how much longer this game will be around. Anyone else feel similarly, or is there a higher "fun" quotient out there?

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

The thing that bugs me a little is that by around level 22 or so you have all the toys. I still enjoy the game just for the gameplay but I always look forward to the next level for that next bit of loot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

I'm personally not sure how much longer this game will be around. Anyone else feel similarly, or is there a higher "fun" quotient out there?

-Rand
                              I don't think too many games stay long. COD2, COD4, WoW, BF2 and a few other games are completely running the online gaming community. Change is good, I play BC2 now, MOH later- maybe BF3 (released 25 years from now, right?)

For now however, I'll keep stabbing people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                                The longer I play, the more gameplay annoyances I see in this game that make dolphin diving look like walking real slow. Gustav anti-infantry, way too many snipers at the expense of teamwork and team objectives, the old constant of bunny hoppers (especially lovely when added to Gustav gunning), watching in frustration as people run through a full clip to knife me in the face, etc.

At its worst, this is the single most irritating online shooter I've played yet. All these little annoyances build up, the big ones like no VOIP linger, and it just becomes a trial to make it through some rounds.

-Rand
                                I'm on the fence still. While I love this game it has some serious issues that make me rage.

[Below is my opinion, not fact so take it with a grain of salt]
                                The big issue for me is total lack of team play most of the time. I'm generalizing on the numbers here, but it seems like 1/3 - 1/2 of the team is always snipers. While snipers are a necessary part of the game most (there are some good exceptions, esp around here) will only snipe / countersnipe and ignore objectives. A sniper on the edge of a map doesn't stop an mcom station from blowing up.

Not to totally blame snipers but other classes are fair game too. When defending / attacking it seems like there are only a good 4-5 people on a team that will actually attack or defend an objective. It seems that most completely ignore the focus of the game and play it TDM style. Maybe its just the class of the month and players flock to it more

VOIP not working is another strike against coordinated gameplay.
                                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X