No announcement yet.

KDR Important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDR doesn't matter. I personally like when mine is above 1 and can usually keep it there in any game Cain has run, but it varies for me depending on the game. It was much higher in UT2k4 than most other games because I was fairly good on foot and dominant in vehicles. I think it was around 1.5 in BF2 and 2142.

But along with that, I had a ginormous number of objective points--creating/destroying nodes, capping flags, support points, etc. That's what the focus is--the objective in objective games, and keeping the squad and team alive, safe, and going strong.

Even when I'm tanking that's the main goal: provide support to the team to "walk" them to the next objective and provide cover while it's taken, if I'm not out there taking it myself. And taking out anyone else trying to kill my guys.

I could ramp up the KDR to 3 or more by focusing only on tanking score and kills, but why? That's no fun.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

K/D ratio I have a big LOL to that.. hahaha Mine is 0.19

It's kind of embarrassing to go 0-22 one map and then 0-13 the next map. I think I'm doing more harm than good here
      So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
      A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by lady-MGS View Post
        I think I'm doing more harm than good here
        Not to other's ratios you don't

Though you seem to kill me plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          LOL, you play medic it's kinda sad you don't have 2.0 ratio... It's 2 bullets for God's sake.
          but everytime you run out to revive some idiot u get killed, im backing recon up on this one.

Comment

I just got platinum gol so i dont just play medic And thanks for having my back pumpkin Medics in the real world are saved from getting shot more than others, but not in bc2.

Comment

I always watch my KDR in games, BUT, I'm not going to camp for it. I am very aggressive in FPS games because I feel that's what is most rewarded. I don't get bored, and I tend to get a lot of objectives and/or kills.

Granted, so far, I suck at BC2. I need to get it working again though to get practice!

Comment

I don't worry about it much but at the end of the round it is nice to see that you got more of them than they got of you. When I play medic I know it will suck but I also know those are the rounds that I will score the highest from the heals and revives.

When I play recon the kd goes way up because I DO camp. Not because I am worrying about getting kills but because I enjoy sniping. I usually pick one of the m-comms to cover. If we get the charge planted I will drop the mortars on it and sight in at the spot that a defender is most likely to squat down in. I can usually take the first guy or two that shows up to disarm the bomb.

Comment

I was thinking along these same lines just yesterday. Personally I feel like snipers are way worried about their K/D ratio and scared to death to get in the fray. Thats really the only reason some of em even play. You get guys that only fit in a wookie suit and thats it. "cough" Phantom "cough"

I played sniper quite a bit when I first started but that got old real fast. I was more concerned about helping the team after that and started doing all classes depending on the map and if we are defending or attacking.

Guys that arent selfish will even change kits and revive me sometimes. I've done the same. K/D ratios mean nothing in this game.Well, let me rephrase that. Unusual K/D ratios usually mean the guy is camped out most of the time and never moves unless it all clear. It really pisses me off to be in a squad with snipers cause you end up having to run 500m to get in the game. Or when there are more snipers in the game than usual and end up losing because of them. Sometimes I wish the K/D ratio wasnt even in the game, this way everyone would just play.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                    I was thinking along these same lines just yesterday. Personally I feel like snipers are way worried about their K/D ratio and scared to death to get in the fray. Thats really the only reason some of em even play. You get guys that only fit in a wookie suit and thats it. "cough" Phantom "cough"

I played sniper quite a bit when I first started but that got old real fast. I was more concerned about helping the team after that and started doing all classes depending on the map and if we are defending or attacking.
                    What about me i play shotty or tompson sniper all the time....
                    Run at people disapear in some bush'es then knife them from behind

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      All I care about is how busy the server is ...
                      Could not have said it better

Comment

Mine is usually a little under .5. I'm more interested in the team goals than my k/d. Though some times I'll play a specific class no matter what if I'm very close to the next achievement.

Oh, looky there. It's in my tag. .54 I knew it would be near .5
                        A change of Pace.
                        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Need to mention that when you admin on Cain's (and pretty much any other server that cares about its player base), your K/D typically takes a big hit. Often times, I have been killed standing in the middle of the road looking like I'm afk.
                          [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                          So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                            When I play recon the kd goes way up because I DO camp. Not because I am worrying about getting kills but because I enjoy sniping. I usually pick one of the m-comms to cover. If we get the charge planted I will drop the mortars on it and sight in at the spot that a defender is most likely to squat down in. I can usually take the first guy or two that shows up to disarm the bomb.
                            Ditto. I play a little of all classes. If there are no medics I'll play a medic. If half of the team is medics, I'll play one of the other classes...anti-tank if Rand is in ...assault otherwise. I do like to play recon, at times, though, especially when the other team is loaded with snipers, so that I can try to take them out...also, if as Rico says, one covers the objective, not only can they mitigate disarmers quite well, they can provide a stable squad respawn site that a team of pure rushers will usually lose after each surge. Also, I've gotten rid of a bit of armor with mortar strikes. Some maps, snipers, like all classes, have their pros.

Lastly, in Phantom's defence, I've seen him round around the enemy base, planting charges and blowing things up quite effectively as a sniper...kind of like, a....uhm...Phantom.

And kdr is not a big deal for me. I do try to help the team, in the ways I think appropriate for my minimal skill sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                              Ditto. I play a little of all classes. If there are no medics I'll play a medic. If half of the team is medics, I'll play one of the other classes...anti-tank if Rand is in ...assault otherwise. I do like to play recon, at times, though, especially when the other team is loaded with snipers, so that I can try to take them out...also, if as Rico says, one covers the objective, not only can they mitigate disarmers quite well, they can provide a stable squad respawn site that a team of pure rushers will usually lose after each surge. Also, I've gotten rid of a bit of armor with mortar strikes. Some maps, snipers, like all classes, have their pros.

Lastly, in Phantom's defence, I've seen him round around the enemy base, planting charges and blowing things up quite effectively as a sniper...kind of like, a....uhm...Phantom.

And kdr is not a big deal for me. I do try to help the team, in the ways I think appropriate for my minimal skill sets.
                              Skud this game the key to playing sniper is not counter sniping but picking off guys planting the objective and put youself into a position where they will be running straight at you(easier to shot no lead needed).

Also counter sniping=fail what you do is go recon with c4 and the semi auto shotty and pwn them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin_Jack View Post
                                Skud this game the key to playing sniper is not counter sniping but picking off guys planting the objective and put youself into a position where they will be running straight at you(easier to shot no lead needed).

Also counter sniping=fail what you do is go recon with c4 and the semi auto shotty and pwn them all.
                                I didn't say I only counter snipe: I watch the objectives and all the other hoo-hah...but it's being sniped once or twice that usually makes me switch to sniper class, so that I can clear the way to the objectives or at least take out those who took me out. Anyway, I've maxed the sniper class now, so I only use it as last resort...but it is fun...so once in a while I'll still use it: games are supposed to be fun, aren't they, sometimes?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X