No announcement yet.

Favored Kits/Loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In bf2142 I liked playing the support guy because he had the lmg. In bfbg2 I like the medic for the same reason. Having the med kit and the paddles just makes it all the better. It was the first kit I maxed out. It's also the one I switch to if I'm having a bad session and just need to kill and score.

M60, paddles, improved med kit and the heavy barrel. Sometimes I switch to the red dot sight but usually just stick with the iron.

Comment

Assault with AN-94 or Engineer with AK-74. Both with stopping power.

Rarely do sniper, just not enjoyable to me. Seems disconnected and boring, even though I get great k/d. Combine it with the fact that 40% of all teams seem to be sniper...not for me.
      Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post

Rarely do sniper, just not enjoyable to me. Seems disconnected and boring, even though I get great k/d. Combine it with the fact that 40% of all teams seem to be sniper...not for me.
        You seemed to enjoy sniping us tonight.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
          You seemed to enjoy sniping us tonight.
          Apache

I don't count that since I had a red dot on it.
          Motivate

Comment

Thats because you dont play sniper like me

I dont counter snipe much usualy i just spot enemy snipers or i will drop a mortar strike on them. I prefer running twords their lines ducking behind a rock and sniping twords your base. Yes you are shooting them in the back and you will get tons of kills doing it expecialy on guys who are hiding from friendly fire. Also ontop of this technique usualy if you are hiding behind rock you can occationaly pull out your pistol turn the corner of the rock knife 1-2guys and shoot the rest.

A few medic tips, playing medic stinks until you get the defibulator pads to revive people, but once you do you can play like me.... I get usually 4-5 kills a round with the medic(low compared to other classes) but will be top3 in score plus will get lots of pings for assist, 2-3revive pings, and usually a tag or two(cant teach that though) and thats all in one round. First step to being a pro medic is understanding its not your job to kill, i know with the m60 its really tempting but your better for the team and your score doing these couple tricks
            -run to different windows in a building or two shoot out them with your mg for 1second at most then move out of there, it will draw attention and provide for one of three things to happen.... one enemies come out from hiding and get shot by your teammates.... two they stare at that window waiting for you to show your face again allowing for your teammates to advance unnoticed.....or three, this is the reason i said move outta there after you shoot, because some engi like me will shoot a rpg at the window hoping your hiding next to the window.
            -become a revive-a-matic..... two ways run arround reviving people at random and not aiming at anyone, this method usually causes you to die a bit if you dont know the map and are unable to run behind cover.... the second technique for being a revive-a-matic is fallowing the best assult guy or jumping in the best squad and standing behind a wall become a revive and heal vending machine.
            -my last tip for being a medic is avoid squads full of recons generaly they stay way back away from the action dont need much revives and heals causing you to need to find your points elsewhere which is tring to acutaly kill people which isnt the easiest thing to do with a medic.

On another note people who say the gustav is better than the rpg you are crazy, if you think the rpg is worst then you aint using it right. First of all you need to have the scar(best engi mid range weapon in bursts) this will be your primary when your camping/hiding/sneaking providing for a slow offensive gain. Now your rpg is your haymaker its your close range punch of doom, at first you might need to do a quick scope with it zoom in just enough to know where it is going but after you get used to it, just fire at your opponents feet, and dont try to reload, wip out your pistol to finish them off if they survive. Reason i say pistol is because when it comes down to it you cant hip fire worth a damn with the scar ( only flaw). RPG for long range - very simple you dont, but if you must use it to shoot walls on buildings you THINK people are in you dont have to know plenty of assults running arround to give you more rpg ammo if you need it.

My last point about engi's brings me to my tank discussion - best thing to do in a tank is to hit building walls, it exposes enemies a lot of times you get free kills, and lastly it can get you the coolest kill in the game, destruction 2.0 when you drop the building on a persons head.

Peeves of mine -
            Problem: when your in the gunner seat of the tank and the driver leaves when your right in the open.
            Solution: drivers pull it behind a wall real quick.
            Problem: when a medic dies REVIEVE THEM
            Solution: i believe darth nevus mentioned this, pick up their kit and revive them
            Problem: when your sniping someone spawns on you and you in turn get found and die/ also dieing when you spawn
            Solution: solves both these problems quite well.... spawn holding the crouch button that way durring that one second delay when your figuring out wth to do you are a small target and not so noticeable.

Comment

What I meant to say was that I don't like sniping in Hardcore. I feel real cheap being able to kill people so easily with one hit anywhere on their body.
              Motivate

Comment

What I meant to say was that I don't like sniping in Hardcore. I feel real cheap being able to kill people so easily with one hit anywhere on their body.
                Lol. so do i. Henve the SVU and VSS. the M95 is just rediculous for feet sniping...

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I have a question that probably has an embarassingly simple answer. How do you use ammo kits or health kits that have been dropped? The "E" key, or...?

Comment

If you mean, how do I get my ammo resupplied from a box dropped on the floor? It's one of my best roles, I just hang around. No action required. With an ammo kit, you'll hear some noises and see your inventory replenish. Medical kits just clear your vision as they fix your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Sloth View Post
                      Thanks for the tips. I have a question that probably has an embarassingly simple answer. How do you use ammo kits or health kits that have been dropped? The "E" key, or...?
                      You sit on them. Ammo will resupply slowly, and your health will replenish from health kits in about 5 seconds from sitting on them. I guess they use enemas to heal you.

Comment

Thanks guys...

I usually never live long enough to run out of ammo, or be able to recover health, so I wasn't sure.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X