• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd assault maps up

They are in the rotation now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      You did the changes when I was going for my MVP ribbon!

Comment

Really like what they did with Caspian border. Gulf of Oman, I think the weather effects make that map almost unplayable.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I like Gulf of Oman, except for the weather.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

They have to be doing Karkand! Probably the most popular map of the BF series.
            A change of Pace.
            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I like the weather on Gulf. It makes it much harder to get sniped and it because much more interesting dodging buildings while dog fighting... damn those cranes.

PS. has anyone tried to drop the cranes yet?

Comment

They are fairly easy to knock down. Tank shells, explosives etc, to the counter-weight and it'll crumble.

Otherwise, I think both oman and caspian are the most fun from the re-releases. Metro is the worst map in existence. I have no idea how anybody can consider that map as good, other than when played on Rush, even the Obliteration version is awful since it's all the outside part, with little to no cover. Firestorm, meh, it'll be better once they actually properly nerf the MAA's active radar missiles. Only jets were nerfed, leaving the MAA simply lacking total missiles (4 instead of 6 pre-nerf). It's still very easy to use ARM's with an MAA tank. Maps like Zavod, Lancang, Golmund, Hainan, Dawnbreaker, Paracel are probably only fun when there isn't an MAA absolutely dominating the air units. The only thing that counters boats pretty effectively besides another boat is the jets on Paracel.

Oman's weather effects can be brutal, especially once the dust storm arrives, but it is terribly realistic. It settles down after a while and becomes more manageable, but the immersion effect of the storm is apparent when you can see shit beyond 50 yards. It really forces people to not snipe, for once... (given that the buildings and cranes are ideal for snipers).

Otherwise, Caspian border is still great. It's an absolute blast when most of the action is in the center hill area. Play Obliteration on it, it is absolutely chaotic in the middle.

I'd seriously recommend adding Paracel Storm and Dawnbreaker back to the rotation whilst removing Rogue Transmission(it isn't a great map). The rubber banding should be fixed on Paracel, and Dawnbreaker is by far one of the best maps to come out in BF4. I just wish it had a few design changes which would force either side out of their spawn more effectively. Also, they need to fix the fucking invisible wall... I've crashed into it at least 4 times. None of them are my fault as a pilot... I'll post a bug video regarding it.

Comment

Originally posted by wigz View Post
                  They are fairly easy to knock down. Tank shells, explosives etc, to the counter-weight and it'll crumble.

Otherwise, I think both oman and caspian are the most fun from the re-releases. Metro is the worst map in existence. I have no idea how anybody can consider that map as good, other than when played on Rush, even the Obliteration version is awful since it's all the outside part, with little to no cover. Firestorm, meh, it'll be better once they actually properly nerf the MAA's active radar missiles. Only jets were nerfed, leaving the MAA simply lacking total missiles (4 instead of 6 pre-nerf). It's still very easy to use ARM's with an MAA tank. Maps like Zavod, Lancang, Golmund, Hainan, Dawnbreaker, Paracel are probably only fun when there isn't an MAA absolutely dominating the air units. The only thing that counters boats pretty effectively besides another boat is the jets on Paracel.

Oman's weather effects can be brutal, especially once the dust storm arrives, but it is terribly realistic. It settles down after a while and becomes more manageable, but the immersion effect of the storm is apparent when you can see shit beyond 50 yards. It really forces people to not snipe, for once... (given that the buildings and cranes are ideal for snipers).

Otherwise, Caspian border is still great. It's an absolute blast when most of the action is in the center hill area. Play Obliteration on it, it is absolutely chaotic in the middle.

I'd seriously recommend adding Paracel Storm and Dawnbreaker back to the rotation whilst removing Rogue Transmission(it isn't a great map). The rubber banding should be fixed on Paracel, and Dawnbreaker is by far one of the best maps to come out in BF4. I just wish it had a few design changes which would force either side out of their spawn more effectively. Also, they need to fix the fucking invisible wall... I've crashed into it at least 4 times. None of them are my fault as a pilot... I'll post a bug video regarding it.
                  My problem with caspian is everyone just goes and blows the damn tower right at the start.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X