Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going for the the phantom program dog tag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going for the the phantom program dog tag!

took a couple days just to get 300/300 sniping achievement, boy did my k:d ratio go down and my SPM dropped.

i'll be purely assault for the next 2 achievements... who knows how long it will take for the tank requirement jesus. bye bye to slamming for now

300 meters?

I barely have any hours and I think I pulled a 450m headshot across Haiaan resort. being able to adjust the zero on the scope is like cheating in comparison to sniping in BF3. I think in BF3 I pulled a 300 meter hs but only after hours of playing as sniper. This game is so pick up and go that a novice to the game can pull off achievements without truly learning anything.

Comment

How the hell do you zero your sights in BF4? Golden told me it can be done but I haven't figured it out yet. I might actually launch the game to see if it works.

Comment

The easiest thing to do is hit V some of the rifles will change distance.

Comment

I know about using V to zero up, but how do you zero back down?
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
            I know about using V to zero up, but how do you zero back down?
            Apache
            It continues to rotate.

I got my headshot on my first attempt. Server was quiet and the usual suspects were on the towers of Floodzone.

Comment

just keep hitting V and it will cycle back down. I think you can also use the spotting device to zero your area. Something like spot device and then go to sniper rifle and it should be spotted in.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                just keep hitting V and it will cycle back down. I think you can also use the spotting device to zero your area. Something like spot device and then go to sniper rifle and it should be spotted in.
                It does have a limit though of I think maybe 500m at most. When I try to use the spotting device to mark out distances, I find that for my game, I can't see anything past 500m. Doesn't help with long range sniping. Also, I like to use the flags when estimating distances (say I'm standing at a hill, and I know the enemy is at objective B, and the flag says that flag B is 300m away, then I can estimate that I can dial in to 300m.

Now, if you want to take this a step further, you should do some simple trig (A^2+B^2=C^2) and find all the possible distances on the map. (I have a small post-it note with all the distances between my favorite sniping spots) But thats only if you play this game too much like me.

Also, instead of the scope going from 200, 300, 400, 500, then jumps to 1000m, is just dumb. I want my 600m, 700m, 800m, and 900m

Comment

whatever turbosloth says is probably right when it comes to knowledge of the game. he has gaming ocd hahaha thanks for sharing dude.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurboSloth View Post
                    It does have a limit though of I think maybe 500m at most. When I try to use the spotting device to mark out distances, I find that for my game, I can't see anything past 500m. Doesn't help with long range sniping. Also, I like to use the flags when estimating distances (say I'm standing at a hill, and I know the enemy is at objective B, and the flag says that flag B is 300m away, then I can estimate that I can dial in to 300m.

Now, if you want to take this a step further, you should do some simple trig (A^2+B^2=C^2) and find all the possible distances on the map. (I have a small post-it note with all the distances between my favorite sniping spots) But thats only if you play this game too much like me.

Also, instead of the scope going from 200, 300, 400, 500, then jumps to 1000m, is just dumb. I want my 600m, 700m, 800m, and 900m
                    If you had one of the picked up sniper rifles. Does it stop showing distance on the side at a specific distance?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                      If you had one of the picked up sniper rifles. Does it stop showing distance on the side at a specific distance?
                      I'm pretty sure it's a bug, but when I've picked up the custom sniper rifle and then run out of ammo and switched to my own rifle it had the distances marked.

Also the pythagorean theorem isn't trig, however there is a trigonometric version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightman Cometh View Post

Also the pythagorean theorem isn't trig, however there is a trigonometric version of it.

THANKS BRAH.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X