Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every time I am having a good scoring game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was crashing all night. It's definitely not worth the frustration of logging in, having a great round, just to have it all wiped mid-way through.
    [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
      It played smoothly for me the whole map.
      Rand was piloting the boat and bam he was just gone.
      Apache
      Its even worse when its your pilot in a chopper!
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

FYI if its a client side crash, don't rejoin until the round is over. You'll still get points from the round.

If its a server side crash then feel free to rejoin, because its gone

Comment

Yep. Stability issues on both ends is becoming an issue. Server side, the rubber banding seems to be going on less, and the crashes are less frequest. As for client side, there's a lot to be done by vendors in order to get the game running smoothly.

I'm running a i7-980X @ 4.4ghz, 16g ram @ 1866 GTX Titan 6GB and an SSD. Load times are really only improved via cpu/ram/ssd. Otherwise, it's mostly CPU/RAM/ and a ton of GPU. Pretty much any recent AAA title requires a decent video card with a minimum of 2g of vram. Anything less and it doesn't even work.

Even with this box, the game can lag, especially in Paracel Storm once the storm starts. I've had quite a few client crashes with no message or anything. It'll just freeze and close shortly after. Most are driver issues, especially with the video card. The BETA with Tower of Shanghai was ok, then the Beta drivers helped, then there was the launch... Beta drivers were no good for nVidia but they had new re-certified one's released on launch and that solved most of the client issues for me(with the occasional odd broken texture, HEXAGONAL land panels).

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
            FYI if its a client side crash, don't rejoin until the round is over. You'll still get points from the round.

If its a server side crash then feel free to rejoin, because its gone
            OK, say that again?? you may be on to something ...

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              OK, say that again?? you may be on to something ...
              Servers report at the end of each round. This includes unlocks, points, etc. There are two types of crashes and depending on the type you might still get your points from the round

Crash type
              1)If the server itself crashes (and boots everyone, not just you), then everything from that round is lost.

2)If your game crashes (server stays up but just your game crashes) your points are still reported at the end of the match*. If you rejoin the same round you essentially start over. Only the points from when you rejoin and play are reported.

So if your game crashes, and not the server, wait until the map changes then rejoin. Your points from the round up to where you are crash will be submitted.

*= under the assumption the server doesn't crash at some point that round too

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X