Originally posted by wigz View Post
    Cool, bestest buddy engineer team go!
    HAHA we can stay alive forevers!!!!!
    sigpic

The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Schultzy View Post
      That is actually what my problem with HC is (now). In BFBC2 and BF3, it was not such an issue because I was still playing with groups that played together - so the pug/pub loss of teamplay was not as apparent.

With BF4, it's a glaring issue. Throw in the lack of a mini map and the instant-deaths because of (snipers/AR's/etc), and you've got a hodge podge of crap.

The thing that is nice about BF4's normal mode, is you get all the things to improve team play, and you don't have to use 2 mags to kill anyone (like you did in BFBC2 or BF3). So it's like the mode I'd always wanted - Hardcore damage (in BFBC2/BF3) with the teamplay aspect.
      Well that's certainly good to hear!

I'm *almost* considering breaking my EA boycott to pick up BF4. Buuuuut... I'm hearing a lot about bugs/crashes making it barely playable

I heard there's in-game VOIP and a commander mode, though... how's all that working out?

Comment

Voip is great. I have not played commander. They are actively working on bug fixes.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hey SighKo, good to know you still exist!

Unplayable? Nah. Last week had rough crashing problems. Several good patches helped a lot. I suspect EA will release 1-2 bad patches in the future, just to maintain their reputation.

I know of two CLRs with serious, unresolved problems with the game, but nearly everybody else is having tons of fun.

Comment

Cool. I'll keep an eye on things, will see what happens with that upcoming client patch. I'll probably make my decision after that hits.

Though, part of the problem is that most of my gaming time is dominated by Guild Wars 2 now...

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
              Cool. I'll keep an eye on things, will see what happens with that upcoming client patch. I'll probably make my decision after that hits.

Though, part of the problem is that most of my gaming time is dominated by Guild Wars 2 now...
              Don't come back, I'm doing too damn well.

Comment

You know you want to play BF4 with us!

Comment

Glad to hear it isn't being pushed into HC mode. I played a few rounds and was turned off by the fact that any kind of damage usually resulted in instant death. Lack of mini-map didn't help.

The problem that HC mode also brings about is how quickly it makes things useless. IE: too many sniper rifles , med kits are useless.

I'd have to look at the server settings to get a real grasp of what I would consider ideal and realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    Don't come back, I'm doing too damn well.
                    Pfft, now I might just have to get it, just so you can have a taste of my knife

Though, it would probably take me a while to learn the maps...
                    Originally posted by Cain View Post
                    You know you want to play BF4 with us!
                    If I play it with anyone, it will be with you.

I'm really liking the new look to the forums, by the way!

Comment

Pfft, now I might just have to get it, just so you can have a taste of my knife
                      The knives are so messed up in this game! First of all, Dice made 5 different knives, but they all have the same animation, making unlocking them useless. And if you knife someone from the front, they get to counter knife you. I have yet to win a knife fight from the front. It gives people way too much time to press F. I think people like you and me can do it in .2 of a second, but slow people were given a chance by making it last 1 whole second. I'm still liking it to the point that I'm ~50th on the world before I stopped playing yesterday.

Comment

Well, just bought it through GameFly (they had a 20% off code that worked on BF4 + Premium keys). Just waiting for them to do whatever they need in order to "verify this purchase."

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X