Beta Thoughts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsmith View Post
    Honestly I dont like it so far... its too unpredictable... all the roof access... and the randomness... though I have to say I have not even once played with a full teammate squad. Not completely sure on it.

Jsmith
    Squad play really does make this game. Yeah there is a lot of COD playing going on that can ruin the fun but this will minimise on our own server. Multiple squads of CLR's is going to be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      Multiple squads of CLR's is going to be fun!
      Just make sure you get into Apache's squad. Hearing him "I'M BEING SHOT AT! I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S COMING FROM! I'M SHOT! I'm dead..." every 30 seconds is one of the funniest thing in-game.
      [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

lol... it is fun and alot more fun when with a squad that talks.

I have to mention that if you try to join on anyone in a full squad you can not jump into any squad and will have to wait for the balance to happen. Weird thing though is Mini and I both tried to get into apaches squad from battlelog. We were both unable to join any squad though could talk over voice. There was a 3rd person in this limbo but we couldn't understand him because of a bad mic.
        Once we have a server I will just join on the server so it will be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
          Just make sure you get into Apache's squad. Hearing him "I'M BEING SHOT AT! I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S COMING FROM! I'M SHOT! I'm dead..." every 30 seconds is one of the funniest thing in-game.

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
          lol... it is fun and alot more fun when with a squad that talks.

I have to mention that if you try to join on anyone in a full squad you can not jump into any squad and will have to wait for the balance to happen. Weird thing though is Mini and I both tried to get into apaches squad from battlelog. We were both unable to join any squad though could talk over voice. There was a 3rd person in this limbo but we couldn't understand him because of a bad mic.
          Once we have a server I will just join on the server so it will be easier.
          I have had this happen to me before too.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Aside from the nutty level of customization of weapons and whatnot, the COD-ification really shows up in the scoring. There's something I just don't like about an arcade style scoring system in an FPS that throws up so many little point totals that I completely miss whether I actually KILLED the other guy or not. I'm fully serious here--the kill notification often flies by so quickly I didn't actually see it because I'm looking at the 20 points I got for the spot bonus for spotting my own target, the 50 points for a suppression, the headshot bonus points, etc. etc.

It's really getting a bit out of hand.

And yes, Apache's squads are hilarious because of his reactions. And if you can avoid the frustration, trying to get him to listen when he's out there doing his thing is also funny at times.

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

No? I'm pretty sure Apache was dying on purpose to help me & Lady pad our scores & rank up.

Comment

I've been AWOL for a while and played this on this server (BF3) a year or 2 ago. I like it so far - I'm sure other maps will have less verticallity. I'm in the BF4 beta for PC and Xbox 360 and obviously, the PC has superior graphics and more players able to participate in a match. But for the PC, I had to pull out the BF3 manual to refresh my knowledge of the keys for certain actions

I was torn on whenter to get this game on console or PC. My PC rig ran the beta fine after upgrading my ATI drivers, and the 360 has a short shelf life now, so I'll be getting the PC version. Only bad thing is I leave my xbox friendslist behind. Oh well, I guess I'll see some of you in November. By the way, I couldnt find this server on the beta server list. Is it listed or searchable?

Comment

There is no beta server for us, I don't think anyone has their own. Generally we have been playing on NFO servers. We will have one when it comes to full release...
                  Oh yea welcome back.

Comment

I'm still trying to set up some of the controls to more my liking.
                    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                      There is no beta server for us, I don't think anyone has their own. Generally we have been playing on NFO servers. We will have one when it comes to full release...
                      Oh yea welcome back.
                      Explains why I couldnt find it. Thanks!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X