New Machine for BF4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
    If your going to purchase one built I used http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ and it has worked well with only one PSU that failed and was warrantied.
    OMG! There is a machine on that site for over $10,000.

Comment

Looks like I built this one in the Summer of 2009.

Yeah, time really does fly!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        Man, time must fly. I thought you built a new machine for every AAA game.

-Rand
        Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
        I could have sworn you built a machine not too long ago, I bought a laptop a year ago and i hope to running BF4 on it.
        Originally posted by Cain View Post
        Looks like I built this one in the Summer of 2009.

Yeah, time really does fly!!
        This is a sign that you are getting old.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
            OMG! There is a machine on that site for over $10,000.
            I am sure if you build anything out far enough you can get that much. Are you sure it wasn't a server not a gaming machine?

Comment

I am sure if you build anything out far enough you can get that much. Are you sure it wasn't a server not a gaming machine?
              Looks like a gaming rig to me. http://www.digitalstormonline.com/co...ce=%2410%2C384

Guess I better look under the seat cushions for some spare change.

Comment

You must have a big couch... plus they don't even thrown in a T-shirt with that one

Comment

You must have a big couch... plus they don't even thrown in a T-shirt with that one
                  For ten grand it better come with a t-shirt and Kate Upton better be wearing it.

Comment

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-re...field-4-at-e3/

AMD Revealed The System Specs Of The PCs That Are Running Battlefield 4 At E3
                    At this point you probably need a beastly PC to run BF4 because it's probably so unoptimized at this point. If you could just rarely run BF3 you might want to look at a GPU upgrade, otherwise I don't see a huge leap in needed computing power.

Comment

Doesn't walking target or someone on here do it as a side business?
                      You rang ??

I haven't stayed up to date on the new stuff honestly. I usta be quite versed on anything that you could stick into a PC case, but these days my interests lie elsewhere. I still check out some of the hardware, but some stuff like video cards change so quickly that you just can't offer an educated opinion on what works best for someone.

I still build rigs all the time - I am in the process of building 3 ultra budget Mom n Pop PCs to sell off to friends and family, but my days of a big budget build every other year are over. The last three video cards I bought for my builds all cost $400. That gets old quite fast when the card is being replaced by a newer model every year. As far as new tech, I am avoiding recommending a Haswell chip simply because its improvements over the older tech is only in its integrated graphics and power usage.

Side note:
                      For some reason, my CL auto-reply has stopped working going on well over a year now. No idea why, but I do NOT get any email notifications that I have replies to a thread.
                      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

New build components:

(1) 4670K - $250
                        (2) ASRock Z87 Extreme 4 - $160
                        (3) GeForce GTX 770 - $400 (or HD7970 if you like the four free games it comes with)
                        (4) Antec 1100 Case - $100
                        (5) Seasonic 550 Gold - $100
                        (6) 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM - $125
                        (7) Win 7 Pro - $130
                        ( Samsung 840 250GB SSD - $170
                        (9) Western Digital Blue 1TB - $70
                        (10) DVD Burner - $18

TOTAL: $1523

(1) i5 4670K + ASRock Z87 Extreme4 $372
                        (2) Team DDR3 1600 8GB $53
                        (3) Sapphire 7970 3GB x2 $700 AR
                        (4) Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB $100
                        (5) WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB $70
                        (6) Lite-ON DVD Burner $15 AP
                        (7) OCZ ZT 750W $70 AR AP
                        ( Corsair 400R $100
                        (9) Hyper 212 Evo $34

Total: $1514 AR AP

Shamelessly ripped from another hardware forum that I frequent. I take no credit for coming up with either list, but both lists are solid and have no notable holes to fill in. One offers a CF video config (but forgets to include the OS!!) and the other is a more typical build for the $1500 budget segment.
                        Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

never knew you could do the autoreply.. my inbox would be so full.

Comment

never knew you could do the autoreply.. my inbox would be so full.
                            I swear it USED to work .. I'd get 10+ emails a day from the Lair. Maybe it was changed years ago and I missed it, but I am set up properly for auto-replied email and I am subbed to dozens of threads - I just never get any emails !?!

Back on topic - I too thought we just built a rig for Cain. Time flies by when you are sitting there bathed in the glow of an LCD panel. I told him last time we helped him build a new one that he should offer up his old PC via a 'Cains Lair auction' with his signature on the case somewhere. He was supposed to autograph my GTX580 video card that he borrowed but I never saw any ink on it at all .... so sad.

Comment

i agrre wiat until the time is here to play it new things sill come out im sure and may be worth the wait to buy the new thing that you sould kick your self in the butt for muying this old stuff that we have now ...maybe new things
                              or a better deal

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X