Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to say thanks Cain for BF3

Comment

Looking at it on Steam, i could get into DOD. I LOVE WWII stuff! Plus the graphics don't look that dated, kind of looks like BC2 or TF2. Let us know if you do a DOD weekend. I'll buy it and load it up.

Comment

WOW how was I ever any good with the BAR in DOD? That thing has unbelievable recoil compared to modern games.
        A change of Pace.
        "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

I still can't see what people like about DOD

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
            I still can't see what people like about DOD
            ~Nostalgia~

I have the game, but I never played it, I prefer boing back to BC2, but I'm still trying to get medals and dogtags in BF3...

did you guys ever played Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six? I started playing online because of that game, it's sooooo good, and a new one is coming out soon! can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              Since this is the last chance, how about we do it the right way?

Map Rotation:

Caspain
              Noshair Canals
              Firestorm
              Kharg
              And repeat

One round each.
              I have to ask when were we mixed mode? We went from all B2K to Market, Seine and Metro. It's like we're trying to play MW2? Metro as a map sucks. If people like it they generally go to a server thats only playing Metro. As such it empties the server out every time. Seine is ok but, can get old. Same for Market.

Personally I like

Kharg
              Caspian
              Sharqi
              Market

I also heavily favor one round each map. When your on a team that sucks getting an ass whooping ever two times on the same map is tedious. When a map changes people join and leave. the dynamic changes. Also at least it's something different to look at while getting a beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Luis_Dark View Post
                ~Nostalgia~

I have the game, but I never played it, I prefer boing back to BC2, but I'm still trying to get medals and dogtags in BF3...

did you guys ever played Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six? I started playing online because of that game, it's sooooo good, and a new one is coming out soon! can't wait
                I have the Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2. But I could never get my mouse to work

Originally posted by mapes View Post

Snip*

I also heavily favor one round each map. When your on a team that sucks getting an ass whooping ever two times on the same map is tedious. When a map changes people join and leave. the dynamic changes. Also at least it's something different to look at while getting a beat down.

This, Im all for one map rotations, there were number of times I was on the losing team getting a serious butt kicking. To only play that same map again and still get a butt kicking again. Rage quit

Comment

Originally posted by Luis_Dark View Post
                  An AMAZING game! Rogue Spear was good as well. We need more games like that.

Comment

It has been bf2 for the last month or two, and dropping. We tried mixed maps for two days, had plenty of crashes (as Shultzy says), and it was assumed that its not repopulating was the fault of the maps...never gave it a chance, imo.

I'll still play the game, but with mixed maps (all desert just does not interest me). I tried once to go back to old favs (Cod4), and was too spoiled with the graphics of the latest gen.

It was fun, fellows.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                      It was fun, fellows.

that sounded like a "good bye", it would suck if you decided to give up on the game too :/

I have played on different servers, and a lot of them seem busy all the time, they have different setups and that might be the key for a populated server, some of the things I have seen on those servers is:

1-ADMINS constantly present, that makes a huge difference, in my opinion, they keep an eye on trouble makes, change maps, etc etc etc... Here at CL we don't have that, even the very little amount of Admins are so limited it's not even funny... I understand this has been the CL formula for years but somehow I don't think it's working no more

2-Maps only playing once and with 800-1000 tickets... I have seen a lot of people saying: WHAT? this map again?????

3-Vote for next map, some servers have that option, I thought it was pretty cool ...here at CL we have to play the maps that were given to us we like it or not.

AND finally, I have played with you guys for almost a year, and the main reason I decided to make this my "home" (as I stated before) was the fact that you guys made your regulars feel like we were part of something... Now it doesn't feel like that anymore ...we should have a voting system to see what maps WE, the regulars, want to play, that way we can happily populate the server and attract other people AND invite them to join our community instead of relying on unhappy people joining the community only because they were banned or have a complaint...

For me, it just looks like the server went from "family based" to "business oriented"

Comment

@Luis:

Amigo! we are always a family. Even if we dont have BC2 where we pick you up

the CL admins are limited because BF3 has a crappy admin tool.
                        back when i was Admin in BC2 we had PROCON which was a success tool for BC2. For BF3 its not as much as it was in BC2.
                        When PROCON came out for BF3 it was unstable and buggy. Therefore Cain only gave admin rights to himself. Because if you kicked someone the server would crash.

I'm sure PROCON is alot more stable now. Ive been in 3 servers that run PROCON and played 4 maps without it crashing while their ADMINS are doing their job to kick cheaters,hackers,glitchers.

I'm planning to get some $$ and invest in a 64player 24/7 METRO server it maybe called "Cains UNOFFICIAL" and just get it running..( jsut waiting for my TAX return $_$ )

Voting system is a good idea.. but it's also has its flaws.. a group of friends can hate on one guy and eventually talk his team to get the guy kicked.. it would be totally unfair. now a TK punish sounds alot better.

Comment

I'll still play, Luis. I agree with you about the regulars choosing the maps (sucks to jumpstart when you're bored off your zinger). I also agree with Mapes that 3 maps doesn't cut it for those who play more than an hour a day (especially with two rounds). I've said it all many times. Sad to say that even with the best of friends, 3 maps gets old in weeks. I'll see you out there somewhere, not on CSS, though.

Comment

I'm not a huge CS fan but I would give it a shot if necessary.
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

One map rotation... Great Idea.

I like BF3. It just has a few warts.

Comment

I'm not sure where any of you got the idea that our server was "un-moderated"???

Either my Admins and/or our plugins have been kicking or banning 5-10 players every single day for months now.

We also have been catching and blocking thousands of cheaters by being a PBBans Server.... I'm not sure what else folks want or expect.

The crashing issue is certainly a problem, but our crash and dump frequency was much, much higher when we were busy and had a top 100 server. We rarely crash or dump folks these days, but I know when we do it is annoying as Hell.

Like I have often explained, out little community is simply not large enough or at times loyal enough to keep a server busy. We do have a handful of folks, KP, Pacemen, Juneau, Qicmee, Golden, Apache, Mini-Duke and others who almost never play anywhere else, and we all appreciate that. In reality thought you need HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of regulars to keep a server busy 24/7.

BF3 is/was fun and we all enjoyed it, but I'm not going to pay almost 90 bucks per month for a server that essentially sits empty for about 22 hours per day.

Let's fiddle around with some other games and have fun together again.

Maybe TF2 again, that was fun!! DODS and/or CS:S those are also very fun. The Valve games allow us to have much more control over the server and its capabilities.

No need for anyone to be sad, angry, annoyed or whatever that BF3 was a flop - it is no skin off anyone's nose and it is simply another game.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X