Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punkbuster

Has anyone seen this one before?

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Paceman_CLR' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [12018]

I didn't realize I was a hacker......

Guess I'll try a manual PB update.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

That's not it. PB says it's up to date.
    A change of Pace.

Comment

Restart comp.

Comment

Worse part is I think I was finally going to get a sniper ribbon. I play so little sniper I may never get it.
        A change of Pace.

Comment

I used to get kicked by PB all the time. I would run the update and get back in and play fine, even when PB said that it was up to date. A couple of times I had to run it twice. Did you try to rejoin after running the updater?
          Apache
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

2 services run in the background, pnkbstrA and pnkbstrB... Sometimes these need to be restarted manually after the update if you are still having issues... A restart is an easy way to do this.

Things I have tried in the past with mixed success (unfortuantely I would try multiple things at once so no clue what did it):

- Stopping these services before running the PB Update
            - Uninstalling the punkbuster services, then deleting their files (better yet, back them up to another location before deleting
            - Setting these services to run as an administrator

I would only do the above 3 things if running PB Update and restarting the PC doesn't work. You can still get a disconnect now and then but it can often be an isolated incident...

Comment

See if this helps.

http://www.heartlessgamer.com/2009/0...isallowed.html
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I rejoined and played for about an hour without issue.
                A change of Pace.

Comment

Could be Fraps, but it's not been an issue the 95+ hours I've played so far.
                  A change of Pace.

Comment

sometimes I have a problem with starting up fraps. This is especially in game when I want to take a screen shot.

Comment

Seriously PB - You can't stop freaking hackers, but you can damn sure kick people for using Fraps.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Paceman_CLR' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [120182]

Stupid SOBs.
                      A change of Pace.

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                        Seriously PB - You can't stop freaking hackers, but you can damn sure kick people for using Fraps.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Paceman_CLR' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Disallowed Program/Driver [120182]

Stupid SOBs.
                        It's weird because I can run fraps for hours without a problem, and its the free version... maybe some settings could be changed to not cause the issue?

Comment

I've been running Fraps all along, 95+ hours. Suddenly EA/Dice/PB is going to get serious about hackers and Fraps becomes an issue.
                          A change of Pace.

Comment

I was running it last night with no problems

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X