Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please be sure to report cheaters to DICE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please be sure to report cheaters to DICE!

DICE is stepping up their anti-cheating measures, and has now officially asked players to report cheaters they encounter through battlelog. So, if you run into someone who is clearly cheating, please report them here through the Report a Jerk/Asshat/Hacker forum, and ALSO report them through battelog.

More details on DICE's anti-cheating enforcement, along with a guide on what they are looking for in the reports, can be found here: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...intensify.aspx

In our continued effort to minimize cheating in Battlefield 3, we recently banned another batch of several hundred confirmed cheaters based on your reports and our player behavior data.

At DICE, we will never tolerate cheaters. Life on the battlefield can be harsh, especially when you’re up against the fantastic flying duo. But it should never be a case of you losing because someone is outright cheating.

We have always taken cheating seriously. Starting today, we will further intensify our efforts to hunt down and rid Battlefield 3 of cheaters. Stats wiping and banning this disruptive minority is the only way they will understand that they are ruining the game for others. We do this for the millions of dedicated players out there who deserve a fair game, every game.

If you believe you have been the victim of outright cheating, the best way to report your concerns is to go to Battlelog, enter the profile page of the person you suspect and click the triangle in the top right corner of his name.

This will open up a window where you can describe to us at DICE what happened. Please enter as much detail as possible, describing what specifically makes you believe this player has used unfair methods, and preferably include a link to the Battle Report for the match in question.

These reports are then received by our analysts here at DICE who will do a deeper analysis of the situation and take appropriate action, including stats wiping and/or banning players who are confirmed as cheating.

Reducing the number of cheaters is an ongoing endeavor, and one that we will never stop. Thanks for your co-operation, and see you on the battlefield!

*cough* Bullshit *cough*
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Why not just let there be global bans that use information from information gathered from multiple servers?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
        *cough* Bullshit *cough*
        If you're suggesting DICE will be less aggressive than a wet kitten, then you're probably right.

However, this press release is also aimed at "preventing" cheaters. Banning a few guys and making a loud noise about it will scare casual cheaters. Even if prevention is only 10% effective (a totally imaginary estimate), it would be good.

Comment

I went back over the last dozen reports of hackers. Every one of them the stats were still there. I think this is all a bluster to try to satisfy some that think they are doing nothing about the problem. I'm one of them, and even with this, I really don't think they are really addressing the problem.
          A change of Pace.

Comment

Darn, my cunning plan to get the most purple herts is foiled again
            Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

So dice is the server admins we should report lol how fing fail is that

Comment

Sad thing is that the stats wont always say he's cheating. Some get the cheats after they've had the game for a while so their stats arent that skewed like some that cheated from the start.

But that doesnt nullify the fact that they could definitely be cheating now. It's a tough call if you only go by the stats. Some are obvious where as some not so much.

Best we can hope for is to get them banned from playing here. At least we wont have to put up with em while we try and play.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'll be sure to report cheaters just as soon as they take care of that tactical light problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                    I'll be sure to report cheaters just as soon as they take care of that tactical light problem.
                    A change of Pace.

Comment

I have a feeling they are just riding the shirt tales of COD with them announcing their decade ban policy on cheaters, which is also BS. Just talk to calm the masses.
                      Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                        ugh, that was such a heavy blow to EA that it hurt my feelings somehow!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X