Teamspeak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamspeak?

When I joined the TS server it stated you must be 18+ to use the server, I'm 14, so am allowed in but not allowed to speak or just not meant to be in there at all?

Cheers Ziggy
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/3f534ca8c50291d8.png

You're fine lol
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

oh, okay, still I probably wont speak too often
      Anyway, thanks for helping
      Last edited by zagzig17; 6 Jan 2012, 10:38 PM. Reason: Added thanks

Comment

I'm not actually sure why that disclaimer is there tbh. maybe Sirex or Cain could answer that one.

Just hop online whenver you're in game.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
          I'm not actually sure why that disclaimer is there tbh. maybe Sirex or Cain could answer that one.

Just hop online whenver you're in game.
          For the record I believe the lair asks if ur 18 when signing up

Comment

I thought we had decided on people needing to be 18?

Comment

When i signed up I put in my actual age and it accepted it, and I just had a great game with Devilgun, Premaskud, mapes and some others.

Comment

Originally posted by zagzig17 View Post
                When i signed up I put in my actual age and it accepted it, and I just had a great game with Devilgun, Premaskud, mapes and some others.
                Okay some guidelines, zagzig

1: Don't accept candy from any CLR member(s) (they sometimes team up)

2: Say "Please", "Yes SIR", "PLEASE PROCEDE TO BEAT ME UNTIL YOU'RE SATISFIED", "I PROMISE I WON'T POOP MY PANTS" and "Thank you" when you talk to anyone you suspect of being older than you, in your case that means to everyone.

3: When you're not in my team and you encounter me, your enemy, press the key you assigned prone to (mine is on Z) stay there until me or my squad mates kills you (gotta make a living..)

4: The older members have a tendency to ramble on and on, if you see one of said older members' post on the forum, close your eyes like I do and shout "SPRINKLE SPRINKLE LITTLE STAR, DISAPPEAR FROM MY VIEW!" And immediately scroll down the page.

5: Disregard any rules/guidelines someone who is not a moderator/admin imposes on you. (That means everything I just said, too)

6: Have fun and be friendly/polite (those rules you can't ignore, though)

Comment

Okay, thanks, I've had Battlefield 3 since the day it came out and I found Cains Lair in the first week of playing, it is a great server and one time when I was on (about a 3 days ago ago) Goldenfooler told me about the forums. Since then I've had a great time, especially when we were on TS and in a squad, and I want to keep having a good time. Loving the server and community

See you on the Battlefield
                  Ziggy

Comment

poor thing, just stay away from KP and you'll be fine

Comment

actually the TS for is 18 yrs or older. I am unaware of the Lair rules and will ask cain.

Example is Mini-duke is not allowed on TS. Though this might be mainly because duke is being a good father and knows how we talk.

Comment

Its simple, the forums are a more protected enviroment,
                        easier to control colorful language and such.
                        Due to the nature of ts we would prefere under 18s do not use it,
                        as we cant control what language etc is used.

Mini is not allowed on there, i assume, because of this uncontrolable enviroment,
                        And duke does not wish his son in that.

Most of the memebers here are adults, and parents so we
                        understand and know parents are careful about exposure to certain language.
                        You could argue "the games got pretty words" but they are limited,
                        expected and controlled.
                        Parents know where and whats said.
                        In the ts its not so predictable, and context ingame is diff from ts.

These things are in place due to the family thing.
                        Under 18s that use the ts have to understand we can not protect them,
                        And if they do so, they do so at their own risk and parents etc accept full responsibility for all
                        and every aspect of the said under 18s actions and WHAT THEY ARE EXPOSED TOO,
                        even if said parents have no knowledge of the childs usage or the restrictions in place for the ts.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

The stuff that Niles, or even my glorious self for that matter, say on Teamspeak should not be heard by a child or an adult. Though it would be nice to have hot underage gu--- hold on, I'll stop here.

Comment

Seriously though... Exactly what K Phantom said. The things I say about my cat would offend any feline.

We don't mind kids in Teamspeak at all. The disclaimer is there to protect any parent who allows their kid into TS. If you do allow your kid into TS, please alert us so that we filter what we say. Even I slip up not realising that one of the regulars has his speakers on.

I haven't been on in awhile because of college and work, so when I do get on and you do see me, please tell me that you've got your speakers on and kids around before I start making jokes about cats or cursing about this and that. I fully respect the rules and will abide by them, but if I get the chance to speak like I normally do, then I'm going to do it haha.

Just have respect for those of us that don't filter our words and ask us not to say certain things. I understand that some people have speakers going and kids around them, but I can't see you so I'm not sure if you do.

If at anytime I've made obscene jokes and you had your speakers on with kids around you, I want to respectfully apologize for doing so.

Comment

Ask Cain sometime about one of the reasons his servers do not allow cursing.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X