banned for C word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

banned for C word

I didn't even think anybody even looks at text chat in this game. And they probably still don't, and that explains why I was auto banned by a bot.

Someone tk'ed me on purpose, I got upset with him and called him a name, thus I was auto banned. Does he get punished? No. Because this server treated me just like the legal system.

The game has background swear words like f** , rape and f*** in it. I fail to see how my one word gets me banned. Girls don't even play this game and that seems to be the only people that get upset by it. I think the admins have to seriously look at the content of this game before they instigate bans for swear words.

But that being said all you have to do is ask and I won't swear. You can't expect everyone to know your rules when you join. And if you think that everyone is going to read your rules right off the bat before they join when it takes a good 3 minutes just to log into this game and start playing you should think again.

If you could be so kind as to unban me I would appreciate it and I promise not to swear in your server, ever. Unless you decide to change the rules. My name is piecekeeper5

edit: Removed profanity. It's not allowed on our forums either. - juneau
    Last edited by juneau; 6 Jan 2012, 09:45 PM.

greg thank you for coming to our sever. Cain will look into it.

Comment

Greg, thanks for posting. It might take a few days but Cain will look into it. I've been banned myself so be patient please
      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by gregkeeper View Post
        I fail to see how my one word gets me banned. Girls don't even play this game and that seems to be the only people that get upset by it. I think the admins have to seriously look at the content of this game before they instigate bans for swear words.
        Girls do play this game.

Swearing in text is no accident, and you tried to pull out a dirty word for no other reason than to stretch your e-peen. Not only that, but calling him a noob or something else wasn't good enough, so you wanted to take it to the next level. That's pathetic to the core. Because someone tk'ed you on purpose? Really?

Rules or not, it's not very good sportsmanship in the first place, definitely not someone I want to play with.

There's no way I would unban you, so if Cain does it you should count yourself as fortunate.

Comment

Wow dude or dudette, cry some more. It's a game! If you take everything in life so seriously you will end up hanging yourself. Then they will call me a bully and I will do time in prison. This is an 18+ video game ,are you sure your over 18?
          Last edited by gregkeeper; 7 Jan 2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

sir your the one crying that you got a ban in the 1rst place so dont talk that smack....so please respect rules and you wont end up in tears talking about unban me

Comment

Cry some more? Did someone kill my cat? And you ask my age?

Cain's Lair prides itself on the community that has been built here. We don't call each other (words you were banned for), and we don't type that or use that type of language in Teamspeak.

We play at Cain's because it's a mature community that doesn't roll with the BS other servers tolerate. We like to relax and have fun shooting each other with a good sense of comraderie.

For me, it's not that you didn't follow the rules, it's that your actions show who you are.
              It would be different if you were apologetic. If you said, "I'm sorry, I was having a bad day and this TK sent me over the edge. It's not like me and it will never happen again", then I think you could get sympathy. Instead what we got was, "I called someone a c**t because he tk'd me. It should be ok to use that word because it only offends girls and they don't play this game. This game is 18+ so your admins should think twice."

Not to be long-winded, but this was a completely unapologetic apology, which is why it irked me.

Comment

Girls don't even play this game and that seems to be the only people that get upset by it. I think the admins have to seriously look at the content of this game before they instigate bans for swear words.

edit: Removed profanity. It's not allowed on our forums either. - juneau
                First off the Lair has had several female gamers frequent its servers. Secondly that word is offensive I mean seriously *angry* shout profanities, is dumb and to actually type it takes additional thought and on top of that to finally wrap up I can't believe after swearing on the server got you banned you actually put it up on the forums (profanity that is).

Comment

Have you not heard the words in the background when your playing battlefield? Those are swear words.

If the forums do not allow swear words on a game that uses them repeatedly, I suggest you re-evaluate your forum logic.

Battlefield 3
                  [Battlefield 3]

developer: Digital Illusions/EA DICE
                  publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
                  genre: shooter /
                  platform: PC / Windows

release date: World: 25 October 2011
                  USA: 25 October 2011
                  Europe: 27 October 2011
                  see this game on other platforms: 360 PS3
                  play modes: single / multiplayer
                  multiplayer: LAN / Internet | number of players: 1-64
                  game language: English
                  age requirements: 18+

Battlefield 3 - Video Game Review
                  Language: Profanity is used liberally throughout the campaign,...

You should read the above link so that you can educate yourself on what the game entails. It's a very graphic game full of violence and swearing and if you cannot handle that or if it offends you in some way I suggest you do not play the game or visit the BF3 forums.

Comment

You just don't get it do you?, it doesn't matter that NPC swears etc, what does matter is you broke the rules, and when you break the rules you get banned, so play nice and apologize (even then, you still may not be un-banned) or shut up and deal with it.
                    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/3f534ca8c50291d8.png

Comment

I turn off the sound when I play the game, it makes me feel safe

Comment

Have you not heard the words in the background when your playing battlefield? Those are swear words.

If the forums do not allow swear words on a game that uses them repeatedly, I suggest you re-evaluate your forum logic.

Battlefield 3
                        [Battlefield 3]

developer: Digital Illusions/EA DICE
                        publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
                        genre: shooter /
                        platform: PC / Windows

release date: World: 25 October 2011
                        USA: 25 October 2011
                        Europe: 27 October 2011
                        see this game on other platforms: 360 PS3
                        play modes: single / multiplayer
                        multiplayer: LAN / Internet | number of players: 1-64
                        game language: English
                        age requirements: 18+

Battlefield 3 - Video Game Review
                        Language: Profanity is used liberally throughout the campaign,...

You should read the above link so that you can educate yourself on what the game entails. It's a very graphic game full of violence and swearing and if you cannot handle that or if it offends you in some way I suggest you do not play the game or visit the BF3 forums.
                        It's interesting that you continue to show everyone here how your ban was most likely a good thing.

Our forum logic is that we're a community site, not a dedicated BF3 site, and as such we do have children that frequent the forums.

Swearing doesn't offend me. I'm not really sure where I said it did. It's just that swearing has it's place, and it's certainly not these forums. Battlefield 3 is a different animal, it's 18+ and has plenty of swearing. That doesn't mean Cain's Lair appreciates or accepts people dropping N-bombs or C-bombs in chat, especially because someone TK'd you on purpose.

Comment

I didn't even think anybody even looks at text chat in this game. And they probably still don't, and that explains why I was auto banned by a bot.
                          Remember it doesnt matter what the game says or does or if anyone cares, what does matter are the rules, so dont break them, I do hope you get unbanned and enjoy the server again, just dont break the rules again
                          http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/3f534ca8c50291d8.png

Comment

Originally posted by gregkeeper
                            <snip>You can't expect everyone to know your rules when you join. And if you think that everyone is going to read your rules right off the bat before they join when it takes a good 3 minutes just to log into this game and start playing you should think again.
                            Everyone else has covered the language part, I'm going to comment on this.

As in every part of society ignorance of the law (rules) is no excuse. If you arrived in London and drive down the wrong side of the road and hit someone, saying "I didn't know your laws" would not excuse you. Every server has it's rules, break them, by accident or on purpose, you're going to get kicked or banned. It's YOUR responsibility to know the rules.
                            A change of Pace.
                            "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Browsed usual troll thread. Should be banned from forums as well as servers.

Server rules are server rules.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X