Your thoughts on starting the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts on starting the server

After one of the recent crashes it was on Wake and it was me and another guy vs. 2 on the other server. I figured I would get some air practice in... Well I got yelled at for being in the jet, even though i was keeping them out of their chopper and jet. I realize I could have ground-pounded and out-capped the enemy, but do you really have to when you are just starting up the server? I thought at that point it can be more casual...

Originally posted by NateTheBrewer View Post
    After one of the recent crashes it was on Wake and it was me and another guy vs. 2 on the other server. I figured I would get some air practice in... Well I got yelled at for being in the jet, even though i was keeping them out of their chopper and jet. I realize I could have ground-pounded and out-capped the enemy, but do you really have to when you are just starting up the server? I thought at that point it can be more casual...
    I've gotten upset myself when someone jumped in a heli or jet and be a asshat by killing us when the player count is real low. Just type you wont shoot and your just air practicing(sp?). Other then that, ignore the guy yelling

/end thread

Comment

Just tell them your practicing. It is a very good time to do so.
      A change of Pace.
      "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
        I've gotten upset myself when someone jumped in a heli or jet and be a asshat by killing us when the player count is real low. Just type you wont shoot and your just air practicing(sp?). Other then that, ignore the guy yelling

/end thread
        Originally posted by paceman View Post

Just tell them your practicing. It is a very good time to do so.
        +1

Comment

For people willing to start a server, I'd say do whatever is fun, short of cheating or being an asshat.

Comment

As long as you are practicing it is fine, in my opinion. Although we know how little my opinion is worth.
            Last night when we were starting up the server, the other team had a Tank and APC and they were not practicing. It was three to five and the five had the vehicles. Unfortunately at one time both were CLR's. We had some join and then quit. I do not know if this was the reason or not, but it did not help.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

IMO take out whatever you want.
              I take out a jet or chopter to cap flags as well as armor.. ground pounds from place to place gets old fast for me.

If you can hit someone with the guns on a jet and kill them good for you. I can shoot at a target 20 times and hit once.

I don't care if someone has armor and I don't .. pull out the anti tank and shoot it. Take it as a challange. Plus with so few people everyone can get into armor.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                Plus with so few people everyone can get into armor.
                Yup, as mentioned. If a guy wants to play infantry Metro Man, he shouldn't be on Wake Island. It's got a lot of armor & aircraft that can fight 1:1.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                  As long as you are practicing it is fine, in my opinion. Although we know how little my opinion is worth.
                  Last night when we were starting up the server, the other team had a Tank and APC and they were not practicing. It was three to five and the five had the vehicles. Unfortunately at one time both were CLR's. We had some join and then quit. I do not know if this was the reason or not, but it did not help.
                  Apache

Ha, I was one of the ones he was talking about. Me in a tank is about as dangerous as cottage cheese. That, and I was a medic. Couldnt even repair myself. So in all fairness, I understand your point, but me being in a tank aint something to really worry about. And I died in about 15 seconds after I engaged anyone.

Rand, Bacon, tickie might be grounds for complaining though. They are fairly good tank drivers.
                  [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I'm not a fan of people in vehicles ACTIVELY using them against the other team with less than say, 8-10 guys per side. I find it takes much longer to get a server started because people get frustrated really easily.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with practicing in this time, but going after the other side with the express intent of crushing them and sending them back to the spawns is just annoying to me personally. I tend to (personally, and not speaking on behalf of any other admin etc. etc. ) believe this is a form of being an asshat when it's like 5 on 5 with 2-4 pieces of armor on the one side.

The only time I'll hop in a tank at that level is if the other side just keeps crushing our side from armor when we have low player counts. My goal at that point is to simply obliterate their vehicles and restore some level of balance so new joins to the server are more likely to stay beyond 3 minutes.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                      I'm not a fan of people in vehicles ACTIVELY using them against the other team with less than say, 8-10 guys per side. I find it takes much longer to get a server started because people get frustrated really easily.

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with practicing in this time, but going after the other side with the express intent of crushing them and sending them back to the spawns is just annoying to me personally. I tend to (personally, and not speaking on behalf of any other admin etc. etc. ) believe this is a form of being an asshat when it's like 5 on 5 with 2-4 pieces of armor on the one side.

The only time I'll hop in a tank at that level is if the other side just keeps crushing our side from armor when we have low player counts. My goal at that point is to simply obliterate their vehicles and restore some level of balance so new joins to the server are more likely to stay beyond 3 minutes.

-Rand
                      What I was trying to say. Rand said it better.
                      Uncomp was one of the ones in armor with low player counts.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm a fan of winning weather the server has 4 people or 64.

The way I see it, if you're going to fly the jet and bomb me I'll stay on foot and cap flags. If I want to fly I assume I'll lose the game anyway but at least I'll get some jets kills.
                        [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

I last about 2 minutes in a Jet, Lots of people who have all the ECM and as such mighty hard to kill. Launch and get LOCK warning immediately, LOL.

Flying only when
                          A: we have lost ALL the flags and little to no effort to reverse that trend is seen
                          B: HAVE all the flags, and would not adverely affect our team
                          C: Can't get into a squad.

Seriously, I'm mostly on foot trying to cap flags, even on Wake.
                          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X