TV Missile Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Missile Help

I was really hoping for something right out of BF2 - but instead I now have a nearly worthless unlock for the helo.

My issues:

1) Control ability. The movement lags behind your mouse, it should be point and click like BF2 was. Last night with bacon as my pilot (nice work btw), I hit a total of ONE target out of ten. And it was a helo lol! All targets were moving. I found it easy from a distance to guess where the target would be but as the missile approached it was impossible to move the mouse to the target at the last second.

2) No FLIR - the view for the seeker should be FLIR, much like thermal optics and it's not. Once I see the target in the gun camera I switch to TV and guess where it is since it's hard to see.

3) Once you fire you can't escape the view hehe. If I fire and I know it's a misfire or misguided I want to jump right back into gun camera and I can't. They need to fix this.

So mainly I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to better control the dang thing?
    [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Sounds like the UAV missile in BC2. Was near worthless on a moving target because the missile didn't adjust fast enough.
    Nauticas

Comment

Not too many tips to it but it was way easier to control back before that last patch. What you can do is wait until your pilot is 100% on top of the enemy and fire it as it will go straight into it. Or fire it when you are really far away from something and have time to adjust. It's not for medium range targets. Either you are on it by 50 feet or away by 500 feet.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanbatc View Post
        3) Once you fire you can't escape the view hehe. If I fire and I know it's a misfire or misguided I want to jump right back into gun camera and I can't. They need to fix this.
        Oh, but you can! If you miss, just hit E - you'll be right back in your gunner seat.

Comment

Originally posted by SighKoPath View Post
          Oh, but you can! If you miss, just hit E - you'll be right back in your gunner seat.
          good to know!
          [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X