Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XZTZmzM-Kw&feature=fvst

I thought I'd post this so that folks might compare this test to the javelin in the game.

Its been reported that the tank had extra explosives planted in it. Dunno about the validity of that statement. But I know it dang sure does more damage than it does in the game. Thats for sure. But I get your point.

Cod had em one shot one kill. So at least they got that right.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

People need to get over the fact that this game is not real life. It's a game people. You don't get health points in real life, lol.
      Nauticas

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticas View Post
        People need to get over the fact that this game is not real life. It's a game people. You don't get health points in real life, lol.

are you saying... if I die right here, right now, I won't be able to respawn??????

Comment

That's not true Nauticas. You still have hit points in real life. You just can't respawn. Think about how much armor the soldiers have. I'm sure they can handle 2-3 shots before dying.

I'm not going to joke about something like that because thinking about a soldier dying is not something that I like to think about.

It's pretty accurate in BF3 though.

Although if we could respawn, think about how war would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
            That's not true Nauticas. You still have hit points in real life. You just can't respawn. Think about how much armor the soldiers have. I'm sure they can handle 2-3 shots before dying.

I'm not going to joke about something like that because thinking about a soldier dying is not something that I like to think about.

It's pretty accurate in BF3 though.

Although if we could respawn, think about how war would be.
            I do like the protection that are troops get... Even if it could be better.

I recently saw a vid on Youtube from Iraq. I can't find the full length version, but here is the first 30 seconds of it: http://youtu.be/CRlvJN3iB7k

It was taken by insurgents, presumably because they were going to show the death of a soldier for their propaganda needs. It starts with you hearing them sitting in a car -the camera and a gun aimed at a US soldier standing outside of a Humvee. They are speaking in Arabic, then you hear the shot ring off. The soldier gets knocked down in front of the Humvee, but the hit was on his body armor.

He immediately gets back up and runs to the other side of the Humvee, and gets on his radio. The insurgents at this point seem thrilled that they shot him, even though he is clearly not wounded.

In come 2-3 Humvees to the street between the soldier that had been shot and the insurgent's car... They have people on the turret MG's on top, and are fanning out. You can hear the tempo of the conversation in the vehicle change to panic, and the car starts to drive away from the scene. One of the Humvees follows. The video cuts off there... Sooo I can only assume they had a bad day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
              Its been reported that the tank had extra explosives planted in it. Dunno about the validity of that statement. But I know it dang sure does more damage than it does in the game. Thats for sure. But I get your point.
              Yeah, there were other more legit videos (the tanks were pretty much toast in those as well), but I used this one to bias (or flame) opinions. I just get sad when I have to hit a tank with three of them to wreck it (that's about $250,000).

Comment

When I want realism i play ARMA 2.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X