Tuesday - The patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday - The patch

They have now hard-coded a 4 player minimum to start....

they have also coded, apparently, about a 5 minute AFK kick...

I'm trying to see what else they have changed server-side.

I need several people to even get the server running, anyone??

==========
    DICE/EA really make it tough to run servers for their game.....

Complete Server Update (From Battlelog)
    If you are a server administrator that run ranked servers, then you should take note that a few settings are no longer changeable for ranked servers.

The most notable example here is that you are no longer able to set the min # of players to start a round to less than 4. This is to prevent statspadding.

Secondly, the idle timeout mechanism is always on, and set at 300 seconds on ranked servers. This is to prevent people idling for long swathes of time on ranked servers.

Having idle kick at 5 minutes is harsh, and we will revisit the max timeout for Server R10 - however, we do not plan to allow for turning of the idle kick altogether.

We need some peeps!!

And yep they have hard-coded the AFK kick, looks to be around 3-5 mins...

Comment

yea that pissed me off. going to be hard to get it going while getting ready for work.

Now if they fixed the client so it crashes less we might not need to have a start crew... but who knows.

Comment

I'm still checking but:

1) They have now hard-coded a 4 man minimum to start. If your configs are set for it to start with less, then they blacklist your server, when the second player connects. Once blacklisted your server cannot be reached from favorites, History or the browser.

The new limits are
        vars.roundStartPlayerCount has to be 4 or more
        vars.roundRestartPlayerCount has to be 4 or more

2) They have also apparently hardcoded what appears to be a pretty short AFK kick, looks to be in the area of 3-5 minutes. I'm still testing that.

Please add things you have seen to this thread guys.....

DICE/EA really make it tough to run servers for their game.....

Comment

Three minutes isn't even long enough for a bathroom or drink break if someone wants to take a moment to avoid running through the house.

Who has been clamoring for an auto-AFK kicker, especially with such a short time limit?

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Players, who know absolutely nothing about running a server, and who simply go from server to server to find games to play, have been bitching about AFKs....

Yep, it is 5 mins, and it is apparently hard-coded.

---------

This whole thing is bad, and I don't have the time today to sit in there, and I'm headed out of the country for two weeks, Friday- with no Internet.

Oh well, unless we can keep our server going while I am away, this may be the end of our BF3 server, we will see.

Comment

5mins???? What a joke!!! This should be server owner discretion.

Comment

Headed out of the country? Can I go with Cain? lol

I'll be in the server soon, but I'm updating the patch. Gonna take about 12 hours or so to download.

Comment

Antarctica

Comment

Get on the battlelog forums and complain everybody!

edit: Post here.
                    Battlelog / Sign in

Comment

You're going to my favourite place Cain! I wanna pet a polar bear!!

Comment

Uh, uhm.... No Polar bears in the Antarctic, just penguins.

Comment

Someone has a good point on the the battlelog forums. Does this afk kick timer start even when the minimum player count hasn't been reached? If so this could be bad, very very bad.

Server owners starting to get very angry. Post your thoughts!
                          Battlelog / Sign in

Comment

AFK timer starts when you sign on. It kicked me with only myself in the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                              Uh, uhm.... No Polar bears in the Antarctic, just penguins.
                              you got some birds there as well(flying ones).. and seals? I thought there were leapard seals there. Whales of course. Lucky people who get to go there. Fish.... I know I must be missing something. Wondering about the walrus but I think thats northern pacific?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X